wopsim Posted November 15, 2004 Posted November 15, 2004 i used to wear somewhere between 40 and 50 medals... but now i just wear a simple wooden cross that was given to me down in mexico when i was on a mission trip... i don't think i really ever take it off... i'm not sure if i can now...
AfroNova No Limit Soldier Posted November 15, 2004 Posted November 15, 2004 Miraculous MEDAL!!!!!!!!1 SCAPULAR!!!!!!!!1 Our Mother of Perpetual Help & Our Lady of Medjugorje (sp?) Yeah, it's getting heavy. I'm starting to look like a rapper...
Lil Red Posted November 15, 2004 Posted November 15, 2004 afro, you have a OLPH medal as well? I found a really sweet one in a local Catholic bookstore, it's silver engraved and very pretty. i :wub: Our Lady! quietfire....then i feel like i can't yell at my hubby for not picking up stuff cuz he surprises me...i think they do it on purpose! hee hee.
Quietfire Posted November 15, 2004 Posted November 15, 2004 Id rather think of it as love. But I get your point. Men...gotta love the little monkeys. Pax
ForHimAlone Posted November 15, 2004 Posted November 15, 2004 (edited) I've got a Miraculous Medal and a Saint Teresa of Avila medal. (My two vocation guides) I've also a small wooden cross and my 3-inch Crucifix of Saint Benedict which my priest friend brought back for me from Italy. It's so beautiful, and when I first saw it, I was afraid to put it on... I felt unworthy to touch such a beautiful thing. But now I wear it frequently. Edited November 15, 2004 by ForHimAlone
daugher-of-Mary Posted November 16, 2004 Posted November 16, 2004 Miraculous and Holy Face medals + a Brown Scapular
DancesforLove Posted November 16, 2004 Posted November 16, 2004 sadly I don't have a any religious jewelry, YET that is lol but I have just regular jewelry
voiciblanche Posted November 16, 2004 Posted November 16, 2004 Crucifix, Miraculous Medal, Benedictine medal (all on one chain... people make fun of me, lol.) And then the brown Scapular.
luciana Posted November 16, 2004 Posted November 16, 2004 (edited) A gold Our Lady of Fatima Medal on a gold chain that I got for my Baptism when I was a baby. It was VERY long on me back then. Now, it's a pretty, petite necklace. It's not that small, though, you can see it in my pic. on the Girl Picture Thread. Edit: I want to get agold crucifix to match to wear w/ it, but only when I save up $ cause it should be 18K to match. i need to get my scapular blessed. Edited November 16, 2004 by luciana
Sammy Blaze Posted November 16, 2004 Posted November 16, 2004 Miraculous Medal that dUSt gave me when I lost my first one and a Crucifix of St. Benedict, woot woot. ~S.
CatholicCrusader Posted November 16, 2004 Posted November 16, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 15 2004, 02:13 PM'] :freak: do people even wear suits and ties anymore? hsdad hasn't worn a suit to work in like a decade... [/quote] Everyday to Mass
Rebirth flame Posted November 16, 2004 Posted November 16, 2004 i'm with sammy blaze here, man! i gotta rep w/ the St. Benedict Cross! only the coolest crucifix out there. [img]http://www.catholicfamilygifts.com/ProductImages/cross-crucifix/129-14.jpg[/img] i also roll w/ a five-fold scapular! (red, white, blue, black, and brown scapulars all in one! ) [img]http://www.ihomm.org/images/fivefold.gif[/img] Devotional sacramentals rock my socks!
CatholicCrusader Posted November 16, 2004 Posted November 16, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 15 2004, 02:13 PM'] :freak: do people even wear suits and ties anymore? hsdad hasn't worn a suit to work in like a decade... [/quote] Oh, also ...I will wear a tie and jacket out sometimes. I always wear a button-down shirt in the front or very occasionally a long-sleaved polo (golf) shirt. I don't wear short-sleaves or shorts. I suppose that is strange for most people, "old-fashioned" to some, but I think it is only proper. I would prefer to wear at least a tie with jacket all the time... but it would be distracting to people at school.. especially when there is no dress code here at college. Basically people wear whatever they want (even baseball caps in the classroom!). I despise the entire culture of today... As far as what I wear other than a tie: a Scapular (5-fold) with a Miraculous Medal and a Crucifix, and a necklace (under my shirt) with a St. Jude Medal, St. Anthony (of Padua) medal, St. Michael the Archangel, another Crucifix, and another Miraculous Medal.
FutureSoror Posted November 16, 2004 Posted November 16, 2004 I wear a scapular like Rebirth Flame's with a St. Benedict medal and crucifix on it, but mine is just a brown scapular. I also have other medals that I wear sometimes. Right now I'm wearing a St. Anthony medal that I made into a necklace.
CatholicCrusader Posted November 16, 2004 Posted November 16, 2004 [quote name='voiciblanche' date='Nov 15 2004, 11:35 PM'] Whoa... he ventures from the DT. [/quote] LOL yes... I forgot why exactly, there was some sort of debate and I thought this was a worthy subject, and I saw PSPX here say something about a tie and thought I would comment.
White Knight Posted November 16, 2004 Posted November 16, 2004 I wear a cross every now and then, but I wanna get a Cruifix, they have more meaning, and they serve as a better reminder, even though there just objects, potraying the real event of the cross.
HomeTeamFamily Posted November 16, 2004 Posted November 16, 2004 i wear a miraculous medal and this little 4 in one medal (miraculous, sacred heart, st mike, st joe) i sometimes also wear a brown scapular
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now