lilac_angel Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 (edited) Currently wearing my Benedict medal and brand new Fivefold Scapular (which comes w/ a Crucifix strung on it). Edited May 22, 2008 by lilac_angel
Deus te Amat Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 A four-way cross (with a Miraculous Medal), St Therese medal, Mother Teresa medal, Immaculate heart of Mary medal, and another medal that includes a scapular (metal) and says "I am a Catholic, in case of serious injury, please call a priest."
He is Risen! Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 I can never decide. Sometimes a crucifix sometimes a medal- either the Holy Spirit, the Blessed Mother, St. Augustine, or the Holy Father.
HisChildForever Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 I alternate between a small silver crucifix with Jesus in gold, a large plain silver cross, or a small more decorated silver cross. I have a small-ish medal that says "I am a Catholic, in case of serious injury, please call a priest" (as someone else mentioned) but the loop is too small to string on one of my chains, so I have it in the same slot where my license is in my wallet with the message facing outwards.
Light Seeker Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 I wear the Miraculous medal as well as the St. Benedict medal. Its helping me on my vocation (keeping me inline)
prose Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 A diamond necklace that my hubby gave me for Mother's Day last year. I have never taken it off since receiving it.
CatherineM Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 I wear a St. Bernard medal (no I'm not a dog, it belonged to my dad), on the same chain with a military 4-way cross. It's like a regular 4-way cross, but has an enamel border around it in red white and blue, and says protect us on land, sea and air in the border. I bought it for my oldest when he went to the Navy, but they wouldn't let him keep it in boot camp, so I told him I'd wear it until he got home safely. When he left the Navy he told me he wanted me to keep wearing it for him. So I have a constant reminder of my father and my son around my neck.
Old_Joe Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 I actually have 5 medals. St. Benedict medal Bl. Mother Teresa Miraculous medal Pope John Paul II medal Sts. Martha and Mary Magdalene I used to have a Papal Crucifix and a Holy Spirit Cross (cross with a cutout shaped like a dove), but I lost them.
Jaime Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='418746' date='Nov 15 2004, 12:49 PM']a leather collar with big steel spikes... It's a carry-over from my Baptist days...[/quote] Almost 4 years later and it still makes me laugh I was gonna say something witty (or attempt to) but I'd just rather repost Hsmom's
Archaeology cat Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 A necklace that won't be damaged by my son pulling on it and chewing on it. So the only religious necklace I have that meets that criteria is a Coptic cross.
kujo Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 I wear a brown scapular and a rope necklace with the wooden cross I was given at WYD '02 and a heart with a chalice and host engraved onto it. The latter is something I've had since '02 and have only taken off once (my stupid knee surgeon wouldn't let me wear it...)....
kujo Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 I wear a brown scapular and a rope necklace with the wooden cross I was given at WYD '02 and a heart with a chalice and host engraved onto it. The latter is something I've had since '02 and have only taken off once (my stupid knee surgeon wouldn't let me wear it...)....
kenrockthefirst Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 Nichts. I'm from the men-should-only-wear-a-wedding-band-and-a-watch school of jewelery wearing.
Lil Red Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 +J.M.J.+ either my OLOPH medal or a crucifix with miraculous medal.
picchick Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 Scapular for sure...but I usually have a crucifix or something but for the past few years nothing else...my chain broke and gold is too high.
Deb Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 I have different crucifixes that I wear. A Trinity, a Benedict, A Pardon and a couple just regular. I usually have an Immaculate Mary medal on that same chain. Sometimes I wear a second chain with St. Jude and St. Michael and The Holy Spirit Medals on there. I have tons of medals but, don't switch them around much. I sleep with a St. Benedict Crucifix around my neck at night.
IrishSalesian Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 Crucifix, St. John Bosco, Miraculous Medal, and St. Domenic Savio
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now