An Old School Catholic Message Board

Justforcatholics

EcceNovaFacioOmni

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Has anyone seen justforcatholics.com? This guy thinks he has proven the Catholic faith wrong and spews out heresies and claims them to be Church doctrine. His apologetics are terrible, by the way. If we could only get him in here. Not to mention the fact that all of his references are from the unreliable KJV. Sickens me to think that weak Catholics read this junk and believe it.

Dude,

sites like that are a dime a dozen online. Lemme see, I've seen one called "Reaching Catholics for Christ." The irony in the name gets me everytime. Then there's Jack Chick and his domain of lies. They actually come in handy sometimes, because you can go and see what people say about you and it helps you to better know how to defend yourself.

I've seen that site. It's sickening! I have a good mind to write to the webmaster much like Ironmonk, CatholicAndFanatical, and Jake have done with that Ed Rice guy at Ian Paisley's site. But with all the trash there, it would probably take days to refute it all!

I've been there, done that. That is, I pointed out to the deluded webmaster of justforcatholics the error of his arguments on a number of topics. It's futile. He's wearing blinders and ear plugs and has hardened his heart against Truth. He prefers fiction.

For example, he argues that the Catholic Church teaches "works salvation" and quotes certain canons of the Council of Trent as "proof." I sent him the very first canon on Justification from Trent, which proves the absolute opposite! He threw me off of his website and told me not to come back. He said he didn't have time to bother with people like me -- titter titter.

Does this sound like the Church teaches 'works salvation' -- do Catholics believe they have to work or earn their way into heaven? Uh uh. In fact, the Church has condemned "works salvation" as a heresy. It was also condemned as a heresy much earlier, at the Second Council of Orange in 529.

"CANON I.-If any one saith, that man may be justified before God by his own works, whether done through the teaching of human nature, or that of the law, without the grace of God through Jesus Christ; let him be anathema."

(Canon I on Justification, Council of Trent)

I mention this because I've seen evidence that leads me to suspect that some non-Catholic folks who post at phatmass also believe that the Church teaches 'works salvation.' It doesn't. It condemns it.

i read those just so i can psych myself out to go work out.

:ph34r:

AHAHAHAHAAAAAA...that's so hilarious!!

And I bet it works! I'm gonna try it.