An Old School Catholic Message Board

Justforcatholics

EcceNovaFacioOmni

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I have exchanged a few emails with the webmaster, Dr. Joe Mizzi, in which he asked me to point out a specific spot where he misrepresented the Catholic faith. I sent him a section from his site and proved him wrong with Scripture and Catechism. He hasn't replied. We should invite him here.

littleflower+JMJ

I have exchanged a few emails with the webmaster, Dr. Joe Mizzi, in which he asked me to point out a specific spot where he misrepresented the Catholic faith.  I sent him a section from his site and proved him wrong with Scripture and Catechism.  He hasn't replied.  We should invite him here.

way to go!

see? you can make a difference!

:D

I have exchanged a few emails with the webmaster, Dr. Joe Mizzi, in which he asked me to point out a specific spot where he misrepresented the Catholic faith.  I sent him a section from his site and proved him wrong with Scripture and Catechism.  He hasn't replied.  We should invite him here.

Yeah, he says this. But if you provide the evidence, he will twist it and deny it, and then invite you off his website. At least that was my experience. The man is not open to Truth. I wasted a lot of time on this guy.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

If I get invited off his website I will proudly wear it as a badge of honor. I'll put it in my signature.

I have to question how "devout" his "Catholic" family was. Sounds like a load of barnacles to me. I read something about this Dr. Mizzi spamming a bunch of Catholics once. He added me to his monthly Gospel e-mail.

just remember guys...theres websites out there that say that elvis and 2pac are still alive and that aliens rule the government....you cant believe very much on the internet!

Ash Wednesday

Don't forget "Good News for Catholics", too, at gnfc.org! :rolleyes:

What's really interesting is that they have a link for "excatholicsforchrist.org" that I went to ....and... it WASN'T what I expected -- "domain for sale, please email thusandsuch@soandso.com" and an ad for a male "enhancement" drug. Obviously they don't pay much attention to their outdated links! :blink:

Edited by Ash Wednesday

EcceNovaFacioOmni

He replied to my email. He did the Ignoramus Waltz and danced around my points. He sent this long email quoting Catechism and such telling me I don't know what my Church teaches blah blah. When I finished reading it I realized that he typed alot but didn't say anything. His Catechism sources didn't fit into his arguement and he managed to waste 5 minutes of my time and not prove a single point. I wrote back, I hope he bans me soon. I can't wait... Oh, and I read some more of his webstie and I am appalled. It sure looks easy to refute teachings that ARN'T held by the Catholic Church! His apologetics and Scripture sources are extremely weak, taken out of context, etc. (some even contradict his points :lol: ). We could refute the whole website but it'd take something of the size of Amazon.com to do so.

a Catholic should buy the ex Catholics for Christ website and convince all that visit there to revert!!!!

whose got a bunch of money??? i know u're out there!!!

Is there an online resource for the Early Church Father's teachings? That might be a source he'll take seriously at least enough to glance at. I have a friend who converted from Catholic to Baptist and he would never take anything I said about Catechism seriously b/c it had to do with those ''evil unsaved catholics.'' The only way I could stomp his argument was with the writings of St. Augustine, which was someone who he really admired. And you all know and I know that every good protestant loves quoting Augustine - except those parts about the Eucharist and Bishop of Rome.

The Early Church Fathers are bulletproof!!! :P:P :P

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Dear Lee, it is obvious that we have a communication block here. If you read the article with my previous letter, you would at least have understood my position correctly (even though you may not agree with it), and you would not made such false assertions that I imply that the Catholic church teaches salvation by faith or works. Enough. I don't know about you, but for me time is precious and there is no point wasting it.

I feel rather frustrated but not angry. And I wish you well, and pray for you today.

Yours sincerely,

Joe.

Does this mean I win?

Oh, by they way, he DOES misrepresent the Catholic faith. Check this out:

I insist that those Catholics who say they have faith in Christ, and yet continue to depend on their good works for salvation, that they do not really believe in Christ

at all.

He is saying that we "depend" on good works and disregard Jesus and faith for salvation. His site is full of stuff like this. Also in his letter, he tries to convince me that we rely on Mary and the Church for salvation too. The Catechism put that arguement away:

CATECHISM:

169: Salvation comes from God alone; but because we receive the life of faith through the Church, she is our mother: "We believe the Church as the mother of our new birth, and not in the Church as if she were the author of our salvation." Because she is our mother, she is also our teacher in the faith.

Edited by thedude

CatholicAndFanatical

whoa, hey dude I wanna jump in this debate too..PLEEASSEEE!!

This is dude is crazy enough, it might be fun :D

I havent heard anything from Mr Ed in a awhile (Read Pastor Ed Rice thread to catch up) so im free to email some other people..

Please...

Please...

Please...

Please...

God Bless,

CatholicAndFanatical

I'd like to debate him too. I've felt the urge to get involved in a debate, and I'd been considering e-mailing Joe Mizzi for a while. So heck, sounds like something I'd be interested in!

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I don't care, if you guys wana debate him go right ahead. Just don't tell him you know me because he'll email me an angry message. It may not be a good idea to email him this forum either since this thread kind of bashes his site. But yeah, go ahead and email him. Don't count on exchanging more than two emails. Thats all I got and thats the max I've ever seen anyone else get out of him. He can't defend himself and tells you he's done debating. If only I could forward our email debate to his newsletter subscribers...

Spiritual_Arsonist

Duh. Satan is out to get the church. This dude is just wearing sheep's clothes. Do not pay attention to the man, pray for him instead.