littleflower+JMJ Posted November 20, 2004 Posted November 20, 2004 my mom said she wasn't a good parent--till she had all six of us. she didn't know her faith that inddepth either and said cuz of us she ended up doing so. and she had us all little at the same time too :ph34r: we hear stories all the time but i assure you families [i]do[/i] come in different sizes [img]http://phorum.phatmass.com/style_images/1/icon12.gif[/img]
Quietfire Posted November 20, 2004 Posted November 20, 2004 [quote name='rachael' date='Nov 19 2004, 11:55 PM'] and I CANT SHARE :ph34r: [/quote] Dear Mrs Rachael. Your daughter does not play well with others. She hogs the all the toys like an only child. he,he. I'll be your big sis. NOW GO MAKE YOUR BED!!! NOT!!!
littleflower+JMJ Posted November 20, 2004 Posted November 20, 2004 [url="http://www.crisismagazine.com/february2003/feature1.htm"]http://www.crisismagazine.com/february2003/feature1.htm[/url] [quote] Ed Peters, a canon lawyer in Ypsilanti, Michigan, saw his dream answer become reality. His wife was confronted in a fast-food restaurant with a clerk who commented, “Are all these your kids? Haven’t you guys ever heard of birth control?” When Peters found out, he got mad. Then he got the name of the employee and “dropped everything, drove over to the place, walked past a line of about a half-dozen customers, and said, ‘Where’s the manager?’” He demanded an apology and later received one—in writing, along with a promised reprimand for the employee, a sincere invitation to visit the restaurant whenever the Peterses wanted, and “enough free-food coupons to feed a little army.” [/quote] props to this guy.
DancesforLove Posted November 20, 2004 Posted November 20, 2004 5 kids and up, I want 5 or 6 when I get married My sisters can be a little mean, well one is alot mean but I still want a big family, lots of kiddies but I want and even number lol, so theres no oddball left off by himself (in my family the oddball was me lol)
LSW Posted November 21, 2004 Posted November 21, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Nov 20 2004, 03:54 AM'] Someone who might be having difficulties having children might feel incredibly blessed no matter what number of kids they have. To them, perhaps bearing two beautiful healthy children, or even one baby they want so badly, to full-term comes from a very generous God. Of course you can always adopt, but you know what I mean...! [/quote] That's so true. My cousin and his wife have been married for about three years and she hasn't been able to concieve. They want children so badly and they are both very depressed over this. One child for them right now would be the greatest blessing of their life. Please say a prayer for them everyone. God bless, Lucas
azaelia Posted November 21, 2004 Posted November 21, 2004 [quote]His wife was confronted in a fast-food restaurant with a clerk who commented, “Are all these your kids? Haven’t you guys ever heard of birth control?”[/quote] Someone totally said this to us in a restaurant once. They said "Can you say, birth control?" and my mom just said, "Can you say, Catholic?" My mom rocks
theculturewarrior Posted November 21, 2004 Posted November 21, 2004 seven is an insult to my manhood.
kaidoh Posted November 21, 2004 Posted November 21, 2004 I null becuaes if eveyone loves eachother the number doesn't matter. Well one way to think about it we are all One Big Family becaues we all god's kids.
Fool4Christ Posted November 21, 2004 Posted November 21, 2004 I used to know a family with 14 kids: that was a big family.
IcePrincessKRS Posted November 21, 2004 Posted November 21, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 20 2004, 10:04 AM'] I must say something here... I'll probably be horse-whipped... but.... Some people automatically jump on people who don't have large families (four, five, six, etc) as being selfish for not wanting more and instead, assume that they are going after material stuff. I need to remind you that many people didn't grow up in Catholic families or even healthy, normal families. Some people did not have good role models of how to be responsible adults. Divorce is a generational pattern in my family. My mom spent my childhood trying to keep herself from depression and never gave me the skills to run a family. I am learning on my own (by God's mercy and grace) how to be a good, patient mom... how to run a successful household... and how to not go nuts in the process. Those of you who had all of that modeled for you are really blessed. Those of us who have our hands full with fewer children should not be made to feel that we are slackers. We are doing double duty-- raising ourselves into parenthood and raising our children into adulthood. <jumps off soapbox> [/quote] I totally agree with you HSmom. Even though to me a certain number may *seem* small (coming from a gigundo family like mine) I am perfectly willing to admit (and do so fairly often lol) that I might not be able to handle a "large" family. Its really in God's hands, He'll let me know if there will be more or less.
kaidoh Posted November 21, 2004 Posted November 21, 2004 ooo yea am in a family of 9 and we dont really get along time to time we do for like playing on the GC or PS2 and what not but after that not really. I just try to stay out of there way cuz we dont do much. that and all 9 of us dont live together and what i mean by that am the 6th kid and am 17 the only one in high school the oldest after me is in the 5th grade
heyyoimjohnny Posted November 21, 2004 Posted November 21, 2004 Five'n up. Then my family qualifies... cuz I mean, think about it. 5 kids. 2 adults. One house. Small family? I think not...
Luthien Posted November 21, 2004 Posted November 21, 2004 [quote name='hopeful1' date='Nov 19 2004, 10:19 PM'] i've even had a psych prof. come out and say if you have more than three children in the house than you are a prime candadate for the nut house! [/quote] Id like for him to pick out which of my siblings shouldn't have been born.
Birgitta Noel Posted November 22, 2004 Posted November 22, 2004 Yeah! And I hate it when people assume that because I'm an only child that makes my parents bad or selfish people. I always find myself saying, "I'm an only child (and only grandchild), but not becuase it was planned that way!" What people don't know is that my Mom miscarried twins when I was about 10. I don't know the details as to why she didn't try again, maybe she did. Obviously it wasn't in God's plan for there to be more. Why can't people just mind their own business either way?! :angry:
immaculata Posted November 22, 2004 Posted November 22, 2004 I only have one sister, and sometimes I feel like I have to apologize to my friends from big families when I tell them that... :ph34r: There's that awkward silence.. "Oh, there's only TWO of you?...." Yeah, my mom got sick after she had my sister. I wish there were more in my family, but don't be hatin'... -_-
hopeful1 Posted November 22, 2004 Posted November 22, 2004 [quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Nov 20 2004, 12:39 AM'] yeah in one of my classes (at nite w/ older peeps) i said i wanted a big family they all laughed and jeered at me saying "yeah right honey your going to stop at one--just watch" and that im crazy, nuts and dont know what im talknig about.... apparently they all agreed that one was "enough" grrr!! [/quote] tell them that this only child said to have only one kid would be a huge punishment for the child (unless if the couple had difficulty conceiving in the first place).
hopeful1 Posted November 22, 2004 Posted November 22, 2004 [quote name='rachael' date='Nov 20 2004, 12:55 AM'] well, keep on argueing with them. being an only child isn't fun. i dont have anyone to look up to, to help take care of, to take me places....etc and I CANT SHARE :ph34r: [/quote] he has a point there!
hopeful1 Posted November 22, 2004 Posted November 22, 2004 [quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Nov 20 2004, 01:28 AM'] the reason why alot of peeps dotn understand is cuz they ahve lost the meaning of love and its uttermost form...sacrifice. its true. the greatest thing one can do is give one's life for another. one time a friend announced in class that she was pregnant with her 5th child and all the girls just jumped on her nad made her feel really bad for doing so. claiming how can you be pregnant for yada yada months and not use birth control. i mean come on who cares if your no longer skinny or getting mad cuz you cant do the things you use to do.....your carrying LIFE for all those months. the greatest treasure and gift anyone could recieve......its a blessing not a burden. and oh how society has frowned so much upon it [/quote] agreed
hopeful1 Posted November 22, 2004 Posted November 22, 2004 [quote name='Luthien' date='Nov 21 2004, 05:11 PM'] Id like for him to pick out which of my siblings shouldn't have been born. [/quote] he'd probably say the one with the most health problems. but like i said, my psych prof was a jerk. and anticatholic.
theculturewarrior Posted November 22, 2004 Posted November 22, 2004 Wow...being made fun of for having a lot of siblings sounds pretty cool. My family was always made fun of for other things.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now