An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why is Spongebob Squarepants so popular?

Paladin D

his show is funny.....but the movie was a BIG dissappointment. My lil' bro's didn't really think it was funny and neither did I. :(

The procrasination eposide was HALRIOUS! ^_^

the movie was sorry. <_<

I find Sponge Bob annoying personally.

Two guys in my highschool thought that Sponge Bob is the Antichrist... Probably because of drugs or something. I had a good laugh over that.

[quote name='duarc' date='Nov 22 2004, 07:31 PM'] I find Sponge Bob annoying personally. [/quote]
Oooh, tell me about it...

There was a guy I went to highschool with that tried setting a world record for continuously wearing Spongbob shirts....

I've seen a couple episodes, and there was nothing spectacular about them. I don't understand highschool aged kids going crazy over them... :blink:

I had an oppurtunity to go and see the movie yesterday with people from school, but I was kind of busy and I declined. It didn't sound like it was good anyway.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='dUSt' date='Nov 23 2004, 09:24 AM'] Sponge Bob is the official phatmass cartoon character. [/quote]
:o I did not know that!

I do find Spongebob (and the starfish guy) funny, reminds me of my type of humor as a kid (and today as well). But, I just don't understand how it's become such a cultural phenomna (typo?).