An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Don't Know Why.............

VeraMaria

Hey, i know its a sin but....Id like to beat the jesus into this guy!

Does some one need a healin' ....BAM!

:lol::lol:

You show him!! B)

I responded to this guys post...I have ex-friend that sounded like his twin...all we as Catholics can do with these type of characters is PRAY PRAY PRAY!!! There is no reason to get angry with them.. We have to act as Jesus would towards them and be true Christians.. only then will they ponder and wonder why we are not reacting as they would... God Bless sUsi

P.S. By the way I went to the Luther movie with my phatmass t-shirt and stood up tall and proud with it on when the movie ended even though most of the people in the theatre were anti-catholic (you could tell by the applause when the movie ended)...

littleflower+JMJ

I responded to this guys post...I have ex-friend that sounded like his twin...all we as Catholics can do with these type of characters is PRAY PRAY PRAY!!! There is no reason to get angry with them.. We have to act as Jesus would towards them and be true Christians.. only then will they ponder and wonder why we are not reacting as they would...    God Bless    sUsi

P.S. By the way I went to the Luther movie with my phatmass t-shirt and stood up tall and proud with it on when the movie ended even though most of the people in the theatre were anti-catholic (you could tell by the applause when the movie ended)...

you go representing catholics and phatmass at the same time!!!

cmotherofpirl

"I HATE CATHOLICS" will be carved on his tombstone in large letters.

He needs many rosaries.

If you hate CAtholics, you have never loved God.

LAFF!  I can't believe this.  If he is anti-Catholic than he's not a Christian because Catholics believe in Christ.  I really don't care anymore, it's not like we have anything to beat them at.  They believe what they believe and I'll believe what I want to believe.  Why can't they leave us alone?

They can't leave us along because they are unable to define themselves except in contrast to the Catholic Church. The Church is BIG MAMA. They try to "prove" that she is wrong (and evil, and unbiblical, and fill-in-the-blank) in order to justify their "protest." They behave like rebellious, immature toddlers (chronologically, historically, they're barely out of diapers) who are having a tantrum and kicking their mother in the shin. If it weren't for the Catholic Church, they wouldn't exist at all.

Catholicism is original, standard Christianity. All Protestant sects (including the ones who refuse to be called Protestant :P ) must define themselves by comparison to the teaching Church that was founded by Jesus Christ at Pentecost in 33 A.D. in Jerusalem and is written about in the New Testament -- the Catholic Church. And all of them use the Bible -- her own book -- against her!

Jesus's prayers and St. Paul's pleas for unity (John 17, Ephesians 4:1-6 et al.) go unheeded while the rebellion continues full force.

Oremus pro invicem, Katholikos

Well said!! I don't know if I'm facing hated here at USI among my "Christian" friends but it's definitely a tension that I can't really explain. Do you know how long I've worked to convince them that I am Christian just like them. It is really sad and discourages me because I feel alone! Luckily, I have an amesome group of Catholic friends (among them JuCa and Emalouhow) who support and teach me new things everyday!

cmotherofpirl

These people are simply going by what they have been taught. They assume you worship Mary, pray to statues, and have never read the Bible in your life. These are unconscious assumptions that they don't even consciously think about.

The more fundamentalist types also think your priest controls your life, and the Pope is the antichrist.

Many probably secretly think you are going to hell and feel sorry for you. But since they like you, they will never say it to your face.

The tension is there because they cannot admit this stuff. You sort of worry them, because you are probably not what they expect.

If you really want to scare them, let them set you read the Bible. :)

Pray for them, they truly know not what they do.

Someone should point out that his view on pro-life is shared by Catholics. Obviously we're not completely in the wrong. :)

-Mark

They behave like rebellious, immature toddlers (chronologically, historically, they're barely out of diapers) who are having a tantrum and kicking their mother in the shin.   

Any toddler who's naughty enough to kick his Mamma in the shin deserves a good hiney whoopin'. :lol:

Pax Christi. <><