Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 [quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='Dec 4 2004, 10:04 PM'] :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thanks Micah, I needed that! [/quote] I love making people laugh. I said earlier that I personally find that head coverings bring my admiration for faith, purity, and humility, but I don't care one way or the other if anyone wears one.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Dec 4 2004, 10:10 PM'] No it wasn't one goofy nun, that was the general attitude back then. God was gonna strike you dead if your head wasn't covered in Church. [/quote] I know, lol...my father was beaten with triangle rulers as a child...I know all about the old fashioned nuns.
cmotherofpirl Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 I was spanked on a regular basis and had my knuckles cracked with a ruler. Big paddles, with holes in them.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Dec 4 2004, 10:14 PM'] I was spanked on a regular basis and had my knuckles cracked with a ruler. Big paddles, with holes in them. [/quote] My grandmother had a big paddle...*shudders* My older brother used to get his fingers hit when he was playing piano the wrong way.
Birgitta Noel Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 My Grandfather, who just died may he rest in peace, used to tell us that the reason his ears were so big was because the nuns used to pull on them so hard that they got all stretched out.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 [quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='Dec 4 2004, 10:23 PM'] My Grandfather, who just died may he rest in peace, used to tell us that the reason his ears were so big was because the nuns used to pull on them so hard that they got all stretched out. [/quote] That's funny. I'm sorry about your grandfather, though. He will be in my prayers. Oh, and you said elsewhere that you have a lot going on right now...I know I'm just a stupid kid , but if you want to talk, I'm here.
DancesforLove Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 In Mosques the women and men cover their heads during prayer I know. I don't find it immodest though, I think it should be a personal choice.
Mr. Cube Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 It's not phariseeism to wear a suit or a veil to Mass if you do it out of love for God, also [url="http://www.drbo.org/cgi-bin/d?b=drb&bk=53&ch=11&l=16&f=s#x"]it was never required[/url]. Oh, yeah. [url="http://www.drbo.org/cgi-bin/d?b=drb&bk=53&ch=11&l=12&f=s#x"]Wearing a veil doesn't say you're worth less than a man[/url] any more than [url="http://www.drbo.org/cgi-bin/d?b=drb&bk=66&ch=2&l=2&f=s#x"]wearing a suit[/url] makes you [url="http://www.drbo.org/cgi-bin/d?b=drb&bk=5&ch=1&l=17&f=s#x"]better than someone else[/url]. Peace of Christ, Mr. Cube
homeschoolmom Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 [quote name='Aluigi' date='Dec 4 2004, 08:15 PM'] anyone that owns a suit i believe would be doing wrong by not wearing it to mass so long as there is any other place he would wear it. [/quote] What if you own a tuxedo?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now