Brother Adam Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 (edited) My admissions essay to Steubie: JMJ Adam Janke 381-94-7377 Essay, Option 1 Please write several well-constructed paragraphs explaining your choice for your field of study. (Not to exceed two printed pages or 512k Bytes in file size.) What impact do you perceive a Franciscan University education would have on your field? How do you plan to integrate your faith life into your career? (If you are undecided, discuss the options you are considering.) I have spent the last three years as a Baptist, preaching and teaching that the Catholic Church is a false religion and many Catholics need to be saved. Before that, I spent my childhood growing up in the Lutheran Church (ELCA), and was even baptized as an infant in the Catholic Church previous to becoming Lutheran. Now though, glory be to God, I have finally been called home to the One, True, Holy, Apostolic Church and have heeded to that calling. I have gone from being anti-Catholic to dedicating the entire mission of my internet ministry to fighting misconceptions about the Catholic faith (www.flyfreeministries.org). While my wife and I have just recently begun to attend RCIA classes at our local parish, for many years now I have been vigorously studying the Catholic faith by spending time reading Catholic books and articles. I have been continually astonished at the depth and breadth of the knowledge of some graduates from Franciscan University who have helped me along the way. I believe that Franciscan University, with staff such as Dr. Mark Miravalle and Dr. Scott Hahn, is the right school to study in as I desire also to spend my life working towards the unity of Christians. This goal should be accomplished through educating Catholics and non-Catholics alike about true Catholic teaching and clearing up myths and misunderstandings that have been spread like wildfire since the Reformation. I would want to prepare for this through a theology major. Franciscan can provide the right education and environment I need to not only complete my education, but to start working towards the unity of our separated brethren long before graduation day. I pray that you will allow me the honor of working next to Franciscan staff and students. Please consider taking the time to view my website and see the work I have done there. Well, at least it got me in Edited December 5, 2004 by Brother Adam
rachael Posted December 5, 2004 Author Posted December 5, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Dec 5 2004, 02:34 PM'] What??? [/quote] i like your essay!
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 no we don't... you are just to slow...
rachael Posted December 5, 2004 Author Posted December 5, 2004 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Dec 5 2004, 02:51 PM'] no we don't... you are just to slow... [/quote]
azaelia Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 I'm probably going to apply to Steubie...but the real question is whether I'll actually go or not Decisions, decisions...
rachael Posted December 5, 2004 Author Posted December 5, 2004 hmm...i think i will get this done today.
Brother Adam Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Dec 5 2004, 03:51 PM'] no we don't... you are just to slow... [/quote]
Duc_In_Altum Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 Have you guys thought about Benedictine? Some quality things about the school: 1.: Solid Catholic prescence 2.: No long admissions essay to write! 3.: We have an amazing Benedictine Abbey on campus (catholic-opoly ) 4.: 6 places to adore Christ 5.: Psychology major 6.: Biology major 7.: Communications major 8.: Theology/ Religious studies major 9.: Art History major 10. Intramural Ultimate Frisbee coming this Spring!!!!! It really is a great school that offers great spiritual accountability but also faithfully challenges you at the same time. Sorry if it feels like im an ambassador or something. Fiat and i both go there and really enjoy it. Theoketos went there too. If ya got any preguntas, just let us know. Best of blessings either way! -Joe
rachael Posted December 5, 2004 Author Posted December 5, 2004 i just realized i spelled Steubie wrong
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 If I ever get a chance to visit Steubie, I'll be sure to stop by and visit...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 [quote name='Duc_In_Altum' date='Dec 5 2004, 03:05 PM'] Have you guys thought about Benedictine? Some quality things about the school: 1.: Solid Catholic prescence 2.: No long admissions essay to write! 3.: We have an amazing Benedictine Abbey on campus (catholic-opoly ) 4.: 6 places to adore Christ 5.: Psychology major 6.: Biology major 7.: Communications major 8.: Theology/ Religious studies major 9.: Art History major 10. Intramural Ultimate Frisbee coming this Spring!!!!! It really is a great school that offers great spiritual accountability but also faithfully challenges you at the same time. Sorry if it feels like im an ambassador or something. Fiat and i both go there and really enjoy it. Theoketos went there too. If ya got any preguntas, just let us know. Best of blessings either way! -Joe [/quote] How much is tutition about?
Brother Adam Posted December 5, 2004 Posted December 5, 2004 [quote name='Duc_In_Altum' date='Dec 5 2004, 04:05 PM'] 4.: 6 places to adore Christ 10. Intramural Ultimate Frisbee coming this Spring!!!!! [/quote] Teehee, We already have Intramural Ultimate Frisbee Also at Steubenville: -50 foot steal cross -Christ the King Chapel -Portiuncula Adoration chapel (exact replica of the chapel of St. Francis of Assisi) -Mariam Grotto -Outdoor stations of the cross -Tomb and Eternal Flame of the unborn (7 Christian burials have been given for aborted children now) And every spring you get out of school to go to Washington DC for lifewalk Whatever school you go to, be it Franciscan or Benedictine (I think both are good choices), or another, make sure its a solid orthodox Catholic school.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now