DancesforLove Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 Patsy Cline- Sweet Dreams and Crazy Patti Page- Tenessee Waltz Freddi Fender- I'll be there before the next teardrop falls Ray Price- For The Good Times theres more I'll post when I think of them
Angel Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 Sade - By your side you think i'd leave your side baby you know me better than that you think i'd leave you down when you're down on your knees i wouldn't do that i'll tell you you're right when you want and if only you could see into me oh when you're cold i'll be there hold you tight to me when you're on the outside baby and you can`t get in i will show you you're so much better than you know when you're lost and you're alone and you cant get back again i will find you darling and i will bring you home and if you want to cry i am here to dry your eyes and in no time you'll be fine you think i'd leave your side baby you know me better than that you think id leave you down when you're down on your knees i wouldn't do that i'll tell you you're right when you want ha ah ah ah ah ah and if only you could see into me oh when you're cold i'll be there hold you tight to me when you're low i'll be there by your side baby oh when you're cold i'll be there hold you tight to me oh when you're low i'll be there by your side baby
Dave Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 (edited) Ok, here's a big, long list of my favorite love songs (I've probably forgotten some) ... they come from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s. Secret Lovers -- Atlantic Star Seasons Change and When I Looked At Him -- Expose' I'd Die Without You -- P. M. Dawn We're All Alone -- Rita Coolidge Separate Lives -- Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin A Whole New World -- Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle Nothing Broken But My Heart and The Power Of Love -- Celine Dion We Can't Go Wrong -- Cover Girls Truly Madly Deeply -- Savage Garden She's All I Ever Had and Private Emotion -- Ricky Martin Landslide -- Fleetwood Mac Can't Let Go -- Mariah Carey How Many Ways -- Toni Braxton Words Get In The Way and Anything For You and also Can't Stay Away From You -- Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine Crazy For You -- Madonna Emotion -- Destiny's Child I'm Not In Love -- Will To Power Maybe -- The Chantels Come Back To Me -- Janet Jackson Deja Vu -- Dionne Warwick Magic -- Olivia Newton-John Born Too Late -- The Poni-Tails Don't Dream It's Over -- Crowded House Hands To Heaven -- Breathe Miss You Like Crazy and A Smile Like Yours -- Natalie Cole All I Have To Do Is Dream -- Everly Brothers One Woman -- Jade After All -- Cher and Peter Cetera Forever Tonight -- Peter Cetera and Crystal Bernard Love Zone -- Billy Ocean Endless Love -- Lionel Richie and Diana Ross Ain't No Mountain High Enough -- Diana Ross We've Only Just Begun and Rainy Days And Mondays -- The Carpenters Exhale (Shoop Shoop) -- Whitney Houston Come Softly To Me -- The Fleetwoods In The Still Of The Nite -- The Five Satins You Don't Bring Me Flowers -- Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond True Colors -- Cyndi Lauper Total Eclipse Of The Heart -- Bonnie Tyler These Dreams and Alone -- Heart Eternal Flame -- The Bangles Without You -- Motley Crue Every Rose Has Its Thorn -- Poison Love Will Lead You Back -- Taylor Dayne Sukiyaki -- 4 P.M. Let's Get It On -- Marvin Gaye Before You Walk Out Of My Life -- Monica Brokenhearted -- Brandy featuring Wanya Morris Donna -- Ritchie Valens How 'Bout Us -- Champaign After The Love Has Gone -- Earth, Wind & Fire Anytime -- Brian McKnight Hopelessly -- Rick Astley True Love -- Elton John and Kiki Dee No Ordinary Love -- Sade Soon As I Get Home -- Faith Evans It Matters To Me -- Faith Hill Your Everything -- Keith Urban Foolish Games -- Jewel Insensitive -- Jann Arden Edited December 23, 2004 by Dave
lifeteenchick527 Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 heres another one i love!!!! I Turn To You ~ Christina Aguilera God Bless LTC :hearts:
hopeful1 Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 WOW. alot of my favorite ones have already been mentioned. I love: "broken" by Seether & Amy Lee "everything" i do i do it for you by bryan adams-- "Truely Madly Deeply" Savage Garden "All My Life" KC and JoJo (although it's kinda gotten a little old) "This i promise you" Nsync (come on! It was a good song!) "Black balloon" goo goo dolls (i don't know if it is a love song, but it kinda is..) "Iris" goo goo dolls "What did i do to make you mine?" BSB "Here without you" 3 doors down...b/c it makes me think of my future husband "Somewhere Out there" Our Lady Peace "because you loved me" Celine " angel of Mine" Monica "falls on me" (can't remember artist tho) " taking over me" Evanesance...could be a love song "only hope" mandy moore/Switchfoot (?) uh don't really know the title or artist but kinda goes "where ever you go, whatever you do, i will be right here waiting for you. whatever it takes, or how my heart breaks i will be right here waiting for you"
rachael Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 [quote name='hopeful1' date='Dec 22 2004, 11:25 PM'] "only hope" mandy moore/Switchfoot (?) [/quote]
melporcristo Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 okay ... flashback to 7th grade slow dances! My favorite, I am going to break the 90's hits, but its "Set Me as a Seal" by Matt Maher ... "Set me as a seal on your heart, set me as a seal on your soul. For strong as death is love, unyeilding as the grave. Nothing will quench it's flame. Kiss me, my love that your name be on my lips. You intoxicate my being with the fragrance of your presence. How beautiful you are my darling, show me your face let me hear your voice, sweet as the dew in the early morn, like a lily among the thorns ..." Oh and also Hosea. Good stuff
crusader1234 Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 "Harvest Moon" - Neil Young... love it
Maddalena Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 I like "Cupid", by Sam Cooke. I love his voice.
littleflower+JMJ Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 [quote name='melporcristo' date='Dec 23 2004, 12:58 AM'] okay ... flashback to 7th grade slow dances! My favorite, I am going to break the 90's hits, but its "Set Me as a Seal" by Matt Maher ... "Set me as a seal on your heart, set me as a seal on your soul. For strong as death is love, unyeilding as the grave. Nothing will quench it's flame. Kiss me, my love that your name be on my lips. You intoxicate my being with the fragrance of your presence. How beautiful you are my darling, show me your face let me hear your voice, sweet as the dew in the early morn, like a lily among the thorns ..." Oh and also Hosea. Good stuff [/quote] i LOVE that SONG! can't get better than scripture and the songs of songs.
RemnantRules Posted December 23, 2004 Author Posted December 23, 2004 alright...brace yourself everybody....I I put about 4 hours of listening and looking for my favorite songs....yea that's right...I'm not lying...for reals...ready...here it comes... 1. Nights In White Satin- Moody Blues 2. I Want to Grow Old With You- Adam Sandler 3. Love me do-Beatles 4. She loves you- Beatles 5. I want to hold your hand- Beatles 6. A hard days night- Beatles 7. Yesterday- Beatles 8. The Long and winding road- Beatles 9. Aint Nothing Bout You- Brooks and Dunn 10. Vindicated- Dashboard 11. Again I go Unnoticed- Dashboard 12. Drowning- Dashboard 13. Age Six Racer- Dashboard 14. Tonight I’ll Take What I can Get- Dashboard 15. Anyone, Anyone- Dashboard 16. Screaming Infidelities- Dashboard 17. The Places you have been- Dashboard 18. Jamie- Dashboard 19. Remember To Breath- Dashboard 20. Crash- Dave Matthews Band 21. After Her- Dave Matthews 22. Everyday- Dave Matthews 23. The Space Between Us- Dave Matthews Band 24. Stay or Leave- Dave Matthews Band 25. Crush- Dave Matthews Band 26. Rapunzel- Dave Matthews Band 27. Grey Street- Dave Matthews Band 28. Where Are You Going- Dave Matthews Band 29. Grace Is Gone- Dave Matthews Band 30. Lover Lay Down- Dave Matthews Band 31. Everybody wants my Baby- The Doors 32. September- Earth, Wind, and Fire 33. Heartbreak Hotel- Elvis 34. All Shook Up-Elvis 35. Love Me Tender- Elvis 36. Look Wonderful Tonight- Eric Clapton 37. Knock On Heaven’s Door- Eric Clapton 38. Found- Lucas Wynn (my friend) 39. Singing In The Rain- Frank Sinatra 40. Young at Heart- Frank Sinatra 41. Unforgettable- Frank Sinatra 42. The Way You Look Tonight- Frank Sinatra 43. You’re Nobody- Frank Sinatra 44. Luck Be A Lady- Frank Sinatra 45. Night and Day- Frank Sinatra 46. I’ve Got You under my skin- Frank Sinatra 47. The Lady Is a Tramp 48. Come Fly with Me- Frank Sinatra 49. Name- Goo Goo Dolls 50. Iris- Goo Goo Dolls 51. Jenny- Goo Goo Dolls 52. Slide- Goo Goo Dolls 53. Hold On- Good Charlotte 54. Good Ridence- Green Day 55. Hannah Jane- Hootie 56. Hold My Hand- Hootie 57. Only Wanna Be With You- Hootie 58. I miss You- Incubus 59. Southern Girl- Incubus 60. Roxanne- Incubus 61. I’ll Be There- Incubus 62. Wish You Were Here- Incubus 63. Fire/Ice- James Taylor 64. Canned Heat- Jamiroquai 65. Galaxy- Jason Mraz 66. Sleeping To Dream- Jason Mraz 67. Dear Anna- Jason Mraz 68. Hey Love- Jason Mraz 69. You and I- Jason Mraz 70. OnLoveInSadness- Jason Mraz 71. Sunday Night (not again)- Jason Mraz 72. Unfold- Jason Mraz 73. Running- Jason Mraz 74. Did I Fool Ya- Jason Mraz 75. Bright Eyes- Jason Mraz 76. After an Afternoon- Jason Mraz 77. Conversations With Myself- Jason Mraz 78. Zero % Interest- Jason Mraz 79. Dream Life of Mr. McNally- Jason Mraz 80. I’ll Do Anything- Jason Mraz 81. Absolutely Zero- Jason Mraz 82. No Stoping Us- Jason Mraz 83. The Boy’s Gone- Jason Mraz 84. Blow by Blow- Jeff Beck 85. Are You Gonna Be Girl- Jet 86. Neon- John Mayer 87. Your Body is a Wonderland- John Mayer 88. 3x5- John Mayer 89. Back To You- John Mayer 90. City Love- John Mayer 91. Something Missing- John Mayer 92. Man on the Side- John Mayer 93. Message in a Bottle- John Mayer/Police 94. Love Song For No one- John Mayer 95. Why Georgia- John Mayer 96. My Stupid Mouth- John Mayer 97. Covered in Rain- John Mayer 98. 83- John Mayer 99. Comfortable- John Mayer 100. Bigger Than My Body- John Mayer 101. New Deep- John Mayer 102. Come Back to Bed- John Mayer 103. Daughters- John Mayer 104. Wheel- John Mayer 105. Sucker- John Mayer 106. When It All Falls Down- Kanye West 107. What A Wonderful World- Louis Armstong 108. Sweet Home Alabama- Lynyrd Skynrd 109. Tuesday Gone- Lynyrd Skynrd 110. She Will Be Loved- Maroon 5 111. Harder To Breathe- Maroon 5 112. Sunday Morning- Maroon 5 113. This Love- Maroon 5 114. Secret- Maroon 5 115. Unwell- Matchbox Twenty 116. Round Midnight- Miles Davis and John Coltrane 117. Moonlight Sonata- Mozart 118. Don’t Know Why- Norah Jones 119. Come Away With Me- Norah Jones 120. Turn Me On- Norah Jones 121. Nightangle- Norah Jones 122. The Stuggle- Phatmass 123. Love Is- Phatmass Crew 124. Candy Coated Water drops- Plumb 125. Wait For Me- Rebecca St. James 126. Pressing On- Relient K 127. Sadie Hawkins Dance- Relient K 128. Maybe Its Maybeline- Relient K 129. Breakdown- Relient K 130. For the Moment I feel Faint- Relient K 131. Less Is More- Relient K 132. The One I’m Waiting For- Relient K 133. Be My Escape- Relient K 134. I So Hate Consequences- Relient K 135. My Girls Ex-Girlfriend- Relient K 136. Wild Horse- Rolling Stones 137. Angel- Sarah McLachlan 138. Love Struck Baby- Stevie Ray Vaughn 139. Honey Bee- Stevie Ray Vaughn 140. Pride and Joy- Stevie Ray Vaughn 141. Texas Flood- Stevie Ray Vaughn 142. Love Is a Movement- Switchfoot 143. You- Switchfoot 144. Let That Be Enough- Switchfoot 145. Amy’s Song- Switchfoot 146. Only Hope- Switchfoot 147. Fallin’- Alicia Keys 148. Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight- James Taylor 149. Drops of Jupiter- Train 150. Ocean Avenue- Yellowcard 151. One Year Six Months Ago- Yellowcard 152. Breathing- Yellowcard 153. Only One- Yellowcard 154. View From Heaven- Yellowcard 155. Believe- Yellowcard 156. Gifts and Curses-Yellowcard 157. My Immortal- Evenesence 158. Bring me to Life- Evenesence 159. Wake me up inside- Evenesence 160. Going Under- Evenesence 161. At Last- Etta James 162. Beautiful Soul- Jesse McCartny 163. On The Way Down- Ryan Cabrera 164. With or Without You- U2 165. One Love- U2 166. Pride- U2 167. News Years Day- U2 168. Hanging By Moment with you- Lifehouse 169. You Belong To Me-Lifehouse 170. No Name Face-Lifehouse 171. Breathing- Lifehouse 172. This Kiss- Faith Hill 173. The Dance- Garth Brooks 174. To Make You Feel My Love- Garth Brooks 175. Landslide- Fleetwood Mac 176. Aint No Mountain High Enough- Diana Ross 177. If You want me too- Ginney Owens 178. Tavelin’ Soldier- Dixie Chicks 179. Long As I can See the Light- CCR 180. Dust in The Wind- Kansas 181. It’s so hard to say goodbye- Boyz ii Men 182. Just the Two of Us- Will Smith (for my future child) 183. Kiss from a rose- Seal 184. Cry Me River-Justin Timberlake 185. Senorita- Justin Timberlake 186. Like I Love- Justin Timberlake 187. Burn- Usher 188. Confessions- Usher 189. Your On- Weezer 190. Waste My Day- Weezer 191. My Boo- Usher & Alicia Keys 192. If I ain’t Got You- Alicia Keys 193. Kiss The Girl- Little Mermaid 194. You’ve Got A Friend in Me- Toy Story 195. Can You Feel the Love Tonight- Elton John 196. A Fool in Love- Randy Newman 197. Tale as Old as Time- Beauty and the Beast 198. Night Moves- Bob Segar 199. Accompany Me- Bob Segar 200. We’ve Got Tonight- Bob Segar 201. Against the Wind- Bob Segar 202. Maggie May- Rod Stewart 203. Have I told you lately that I LOVE You- Rod Stewart 204. Leaving on a jetplane- Cheryll Crow 205. Don’t wanna close my eyes- Aerosmith 206. Girlfriend- N’sync 207. It’s gonna be me- N’sync 208. Gone- N’sync 209. Step by Step- new kids on the block 210. It’s been awhile- Staind 211. Outside- Staind 212. Running Away- Hoobistank 213. The Reason- Hoobistank 214. Coming Clean- Hillary Duff 215. Pieces of Me- Ashley Simpsons 216. Every breath you take- Police 217. Roxanne- Police 218. Truly, Madly, Deeply- Savage Gardens 219. Say a little Prayer for you- Dionne Warrick 220. My Maria- Brooks and Dunn 221. Smooth- Santana fet. Rob Thomas 222. Love of my Life- Santana fet. Dave Matthews 223. Maria, Maria- Santana 224. Kathleen Mavourneen- Gettysburg 225. American Pie- Dean Mclean ...enjoy!
RemnantRules Posted December 23, 2004 Author Posted December 23, 2004 AHHHH John!! You made remember a whole bunch more love songs that I forgot...lol....maybe I should do a follow up a little late tooo i dunno 300 total. lol ...will see I knew there would be more I would forget.
Andrea348 Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 [quote]Could I Have This Dance? Anne Murray I'll always remember the song they were playin', The first time we danced and I knew, As we swayed to the music and held to each other, I fell in love with you. Could I have this dance for the rest of my life? Would you be my partner every night? When we're together, it feels so right. Could I have this dance for the rest of my life? I'll always remember that magic moment, When I held you close to me. 'Cause we moved together, I knew forever, You're all I'll ever need Could I have this dance for the rest of my life? Would you be my partner every night? When we're together, it feels so right. Could I have this dance for the rest of my life? Repeat Chorus [/quote]
rachael Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 [quote name='RemnantRules' date='Dec 23 2004, 03:15 AM'] alright...brace yourself everybody....I I put about 4 hours of listening and looking for my favorite songs....yea that's right...I'm not lying...for reals...ready...here it comes... [/quote]
Dave Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 (edited) When y'all said "love songs," I thought y'all meant ballads! And btw, I thought of a few more to add to my list: We Got Tonight -- Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton Almost Over You -- Sheena Easton Through The Fire -- Chaka Khan Too Late Too Soon -- Jon Secada When Will I See You Again -- The Three Degrees Inside That I Cried -- CeCe Peniston Woman -- John Lennon Send Me A Lover -- Taylor Dayne Could've Been -- Tiffany Through The Rain and Without You -- Mariah Carey All At Once -- Whitney Houston Love's Theme -- Love Unlimited Orchestra Lullaby -- Shawn Mullins Edited December 23, 2004 by Dave
rachael Posted December 23, 2004 Posted December 23, 2004 [quote]Overrated by Gavin DeGraw Take my home Take everything I own Take it, take control You will feel better You will feel whole You're so good You stopped me where I stood And let me look at love and I feel better Oh, I feel good I just want to give it all to you I want to share this with you Make you mine and mine will be all yours Whatever you want and more What I'm anticipating Everything else will be over-rated Baby, it's for you, it's all for you Tou speak kind Oh, if you were mine What would we be like? We would be liked We would be... I just want to give it all to you I want to share this with you Make you mine and mine will be all yours Whatever you want and more What I'm anticipating Everything else will be over-rated Everything else will be over-rated Open up Let me fill your cup I can really pour it out It will be like... I will be enough I just want to give it all to you I want to share this with you Make you mine and mine will be all yours Whatever you want and more What I'm anticipating Everything else will be over-rated Baby, it's for you Baby, it's for you Baby, it's for you Baby, it's for you, it's all for you[/quote]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now