justfran Posted January 31, 2005 Author Posted January 31, 2005 we're talking about the posts that don't show up on those lists anymore.
HomeTeamFamily Posted January 31, 2005 Posted January 31, 2005 (edited) oh....well i agree with what has been said about the sheer minimal probablility that someone A) would be looking for what it is you are concerned about, B) would find it, C) would actually do something about it dUSt doesnt have to change his website for you...im sure he has more important things to do....like maybe raise a family? Edited January 31, 2005 by VoloHumilisEsse
justfran Posted January 31, 2005 Author Posted January 31, 2005 (edited) [quote]I kept a copy of the other posts in my cache for the police just in case it was a big legal thing (they'd be able to tell that i hadn't changed a bit of it thanks to computer forensics), but it's not a legal thing.[/quote] AGHHHH I just realised what some may have thought i typed. What i meant by the term "legal thing" is "something that needs interventiion from the law/police". So I didn't mean to say "it's illegal" when i said "it's not a legal thing", I meant it's something that "doesn't need intervention from the police". I feel like a bit of an idiot now for completely missing something like that, I think I'll go to sleep now. It's way past my bedtime. And all dUST has to do is upload this tiny .txt file! It only takes a few seconds to get it all over and done with! He doesn't have to change the website!!! And they would NOT be looking specifically for it. let me say again that I am positive that it was at the top of the Open Mic forum when I saw the Archive.Org Bot visit. Now, on a lot of the posts about visiting bots, there has been speculation about it, and what are the chances that next time someone sees Archive.Org bot on the online members list, a new person will go ooh look, post a link to the phatmass phorum archive, and maybe these posts in question will be on the latest update (and ithappened to be right at the end of the year 2004 also, so it might be in a prominent position right at the bottom of the page). Minimal possibility is out of the question for me. I remember that night I had posted a link to the ranting post. I remember reading my cousin's posts trying to justify what i believed to be the "hoax". I only fully believed it when my cousin explained it to me in person that there was no intent for any unauthorised entry into my comp cos I'd let it happen before (i let my clousin posting messages from my comp but not on this site, and i didn't jump at anything in the previous occassions.) Edited January 31, 2005 by justfran
rachael Posted January 31, 2005 Posted January 31, 2005 i think we all want to know what the heck is going on.
justfran Posted January 31, 2005 Author Posted January 31, 2005 (edited) I don't think it's anything you'd want to go through. Actually iam absolutely positive its something you'd not want to got hrough, but the people who know know and id like to keep it so that only they know. right now i'm struggling to make all the posts right here make sense and not be confusing tp my sleepy self... gnight ppl Edited January 31, 2005 by justfran
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted January 31, 2005 Posted January 31, 2005 Here's the facts: 1. There are thousands of users on this site 2. dUSt didn't make this site for you, he made it for everyone 3. It's not a democracy, it's dUSt's site, and he will do what he wants. If he doesn't want to do anything about the bots, then he's not doing anything wrong. 4. If you keep brining this up, you just continue to add to the 'legal stuff' that you don't want to discuss in the open. 5. You signed a user agreement that pretty much states that dUSt runs the site and doesn't have to do anything we ask him. 6. dUSt allows you to be on the forum. He's gracious like that. He doesn't have to let you on the forum, if he really wanted he could suspend, or even ban you from the forum. Count your blessings and quit crying.
God Conquers Posted February 1, 2005 Posted February 1, 2005 yikes. Just calm down. Everything will be ok. If you didn't do anything wrong (and I don't think you did) you have absolutely no reason to worry.
kateri05 Posted February 1, 2005 Posted February 1, 2005 i'm not sure whats going on here either, but that last post didn't seem very nice -_-
rachael Posted February 1, 2005 Posted February 1, 2005 [quote name='kateri05' date='Jan 31 2005, 09:31 PM'] i'm not sure whats going on here either, but that last post didn't seem very nice -_- [/quote] read the thread then
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now