An Old School Catholic Message Board

VAN HELSING!

FilmGuy127

Ok, as far as Vampire killing goes, it rules. Blade? Totally the most awesome dude out there. But Van Helsing? All he did was get thrown around (literally) by a bunch of people, and then he would happen to do something good. AND WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TEACH HIM HOW TO LEAD???? [i]I[/i] could have done better with that crossbow than he could. And Faramir (Van Helsings sidekick, I forget the characters name, though the actor is Faramir), he was pretty cool. But in the end, Blade totally rules as champ of vampire killing. And all Blade did was meditate!

I liked van helsing- now you guys say its anti catholic but i thought it was pretty cool how they made van helsing a catholic and made him fighting evil- and it was action packed and his sidekick lady was quite good looking.

yeah obviously the preist gettin it on with the lady was a no no- but other wise it was really quite good- i dont get why they made the preist having sex rather than van helsing and the lady.

I mean im not advocating sex in movies- but if they MUST put it dont put the preist having it- put van helsing

but better yet- put no body

but dude ur right

blade is sooo rockin the anti vampirism

[quote name='delta557' date='Jan 13 2005, 11:36 PM'] And Faramir (Van Helsings sidekick, I forget the characters name, though the actor is Faramir), he was pretty cool.

[/quote]
His name is David Wenham, not Faramir. He played Faramir in the Lord of the Rings.

He also in Molokai: The Story of Fr. Damien, now he actually played a Catholic there (Fr. Damien).

The anti-Catholicism in Van Helsing is inexcusable.

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Jan 11 2005, 12:29 AM'] this movie was terrible. it was just awful. [/quote]
On top of being badly written, there were too many visual references to other movies the actors had been in, like X-Men. Ugh.

I think Van Helsing was a terrible, badly written movie, but I do not agree that it was anti-Catholic. The whole premise of the movie is that Catholicism protects the world from evil, which is about as pro-Catholic as movies get these days.

FightingforGod

i watched it once, i had my hopes all hiped and was very disappointed...i wub action-fantasy-scifi films, and this was over kill compouuter animation, along with a really lame script...looks like ill be stickin to my good ol trusty sction fantasy books...you can never go wrong with a good book... ^_^