Carrie Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 It's raining like crazy here. I was over a half hour late to work because of delays on the trains.
Sojourner Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 She's just saying we're tough because we can take the cold weather. Whereas you've grown soft living in all your posh warmness.
theculturewarrior Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 Oh, I read "there" as in the beach. Well...you all would never make it here! You've grown soft with sanitation, hygiene, and public health! (Sorry to all the Valley phatmassers. Gacho, verdad?)
homeschoolmom Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 Yeah, I live in a germ-free bubble...
Sojourner Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 Nah, I can make it in the wilderness. I always thought I'd make a good pioneer.
theculturewarrior Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jan 14 2005, 09:49 AM'] Yeah, I live in a germ-free bubble... [/quote] Next time you're in the Valley, I'll take you to my favorite taqueria, where we can eat tacos, so very tasty and good for you, made out of cow intestines, and then wash our hands in a bathroom without soap, that has a big trash can full of wadded toilet paper and a sign that says "No floshe."
Sojourner Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Jan 14 2005, 09:52 AM'] Next time you're in the Valley, I'll take you to my favorite taqueria, where we can eat tacos, so very tasty and good for you, made out of cow intestines, and then wash our hands in a bathroom without soap, that has a big trash can full of wadded toilet paper and a sign that says "No floshe." [/quote] My friend's mom made menudo for New Years. I didn't try it ... the smell made me nauseous. I tried sweetbreads in a taco once and it was gross. The people who made me eat it laughed at me.
homeschoolmom Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 I'll take the cold... But this has gotten way off topic! I'm having a pitty party!! I have been trying to meet Catholic homeschoolers for months. This was going to be the perfect chance... c'mon people... a little pity here... Okay, never mind, I'm over it now... Mmmm... hot chocolate...
theculturewarrior Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Jan 14 2005, 09:54 AM'] My friend's mom made menudo for New Years. I didn't try it ... the smell made me nauseous. I tried sweetbreads in a taco once and it was gross. The people who made me eat it laughed at me. [/quote] menudo.
homeschoolmom Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 That stuff is nasty... sorry, I can't eat anything with organs or tripe in it... bleh...
Sojourner Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Jan 14 2005, 09:56 AM'] menudo. [/quote] I'm sure you would have liked it. She also made some other Mexican food that was AWESOME ... something with lots of red chilies, chips, eggs, and beans. And something with cactus in it.
homeschoolmom Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 nothing tops ludefisk is the most um... interesting... ethnic food. The Norwegians and Swedes don't even eat it...
Balthazor Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 So I am taking it you probably wouldn't like Flaki, Golonka, Kiszka, or Czarnina either huh?
Sojourner Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 Nope, not so much into lutefisk. Never tried the other things either.
J.P. Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Jan 13 2005, 08:21 PM'] jp, where do you live? [/quote] Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Coldest place on earth
homeschoolmom Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 The foot bridge across the Chippewa River on the campus of UW-Eau Claire is the coldest place on earth... David Letterman said so...
theculturewarrior Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 HelloOOOoooOOO! We were [i]talking[/i] about how beautiful South Texas winters are.
homeschoolmom Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 hey... stay outta my thread with that kind of attitude...
theculturewarrior Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [/hijack] South Texas is beautiful. If you've never seen snow on a palm tree before, it's something else.
Sojourner Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 But what about the outhouses? Doesn't that sort of ruin the picturesque scenery?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now