An Old School Catholic Message Board

Blood soon to flow again at Temple Mount

james

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jan 29 2005, 01:12 AM'] :rolleyes: Catholocism [i]is[/i] the full version of true Judaism. [/quote]
And the Judaism that was true was that Judaism of the Old Testament when the Jews were the chosen people of God. Modern Judaism, as James correctly pointed out, is not the same as Old Testament Judaism. They are two distinct religions. One was true, the other is false.

[quote name='jezic' date='Jan 29 2005, 09:38 PM'] how are they different? [/quote]
As I've stated, rabbinic Judaism is based in texts (Talmud and Kabbalah) that were not even canonized until well after Christ had died and resurrected.

These rabbinic Judaic texts are in fact the commitment to writing of the "Tradition of the elders" spoken of by Christ in the Gospel.

Rabbinic Jews claim that the Talmud and Kabbalah contain "Oral Torah:" secret knowledge which was received by Moses along with what is written in the Old Testament and that this secret knowledge was kept as an oral tradition, never written down until after the Diaspora when it was recorded as the Talmud and later, the Kabbalah.

Jews believe that Old Testament scripture cannot be understood by itself. They believe that their Talmud and Kabbalah contain the keys that unlock the secret meaning to biblical scripture. A distinction that many people miss is that when Jews refer to the "Torah" they are actually referring to the Old Testament AND the Talmud TOGETHER, simply because they believe that the Old Testament cannot be understood unless it's filtered through the Talmud and Kabbalah.

In truth, the contents of the Talmud and Kabbalah were not secret teachings from God given to Moses. They were actually occult traditions which were incorporated by the Jews into their religion during their exile in Babylon. They are founded in the Sumerian mysteries and Egyptian pagan traditions. By the time Christ became man, the Jewish leadership had become thoroughly corrupt with these false teachings, leading to Christ's many confrontations with the Pharisees and his condemnations of their tradition.

Rabbinic Judaism today is the continuation of that tradition: the "tradition of the elders." It's the false religion of the Pharisees.

Rabbinic Judaism places very little emphasis on Old Testament scripture, simply because they believe that the secret truths are contained in the Talmud and Kabbalah. In reality, the Talmud and Kabbalah--the tradition of the elders--is a tool which circumvents and creates loopholes in Old Testament scripture, hence Jesus' condemnations of it.

Edited by james

There is the further distinction that is more or less practical and historical: OT Judaism disappeared when the Temple was destroyed. From that moment on, it was impossible to observe the Old Law completely. They had been in a similar situation before though. What made this one distinct was that the Messiah had actually come, and was rejected. The Temple could not be rebuilt. When the Temple was destroyed (and even before that) Jews were converting in droves. The Elders realized they had to do something about this. They met at Jamnia, reworked the Scriptures, and essentially created a new religion, which leads directly into James' post.

Yeah. Thats an interesting argument for Jesus being the Messiah. If the Temple is destroyed by an act of God (the OT is filled with acts of God like this) as the Prophets said it would, how can they denie the Messiah? Further, they're all living in sin as the OT law clearly states that you're supposed to go and sacrifice at the Temple. Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that mean 1935 years of Jews have been living in sin?

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jan 31 2005, 06:21 PM'] Yeah. Thats an interesting argument for Jesus being the Messiah. If the Temple is destroyed by an act of God (the OT is filled with acts of God like this) as the Prophets said it would, how can they denie the Messiah? Further, they're all living in sin as the OT law clearly states that you're supposed to go and sacrifice at the Temple. Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that mean 1935 years of Jews have been living in sin? [/quote]
I'm not sure what you're getting at. Can you clarify this post for me? If you are asking if the Jews have been living in sin due to their not offering Temple sacrifice, then you have entirely missed the point. Are you questioning the hand of God in the destruction of the Temple? I'm not sure I'm understanding you.

Oh, I know that posts misses the point. I'm not questioning God destroying the Temple, I'm just sort of rambling. Consider that post deleted if its bothering you.

It's not bothering me. I'm just wondering what your specific question is. The sin of the Jews has nothing directly to do with the Temple. Their sin, objectively speaking, is the rejection of Christ.

Oh, I know. I was just pondering why they wouldn't accept their Messiah, considering that if they don't, they'd pretty much [b]have[/b] to believe that they've been living in sin. If that makes any sense.

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Reestablished Sanhedrin Convenes to Discuss Temple Mount [/b]

Arutz Sheva

20:38 Feb 08, '05 / 29 Shevat 5765

Just one day before the summit in Sharm el-Sheikh, a different sort of meeting of the minds convened in Jerusalem – the reestablished Sanhedrin convened to hold their monthly meeting.

The major issue that was set before the group's consideration in this session was a discussion of the precise location of the Holy Temple.

The recently reestablished Sanhedrin of 71 rabbis and scholars convened Monday in Jerusalem to solidify logistical aspects of the Jewish legal body and hear expert testimony on the various opinions as to the exact part of the Temple Mount upon which the Holy Temple stood.

The fact that there has never been an archaeological expedition or dig on the Temple Mount, coupled with continuous Muslim efforts to destroy historical evidence of the Holy Temple at the site have made determining the exact location difficult.

The accurate location of where the Temple stood is a matter of controversy among scholars and has serious Jewish legal ramifications for those wishing to visit the Temple Mount as well as for the renewal of the Passover sacrifice – and ultimately, for the building of the third and final Holy Temple. While numerous opinions have been expressed throughout the years, these can be distilled into three main opinions which convey that the Temple:
1) Stood on the spot currently occupied by the gold-topped Dome of the Rock
2) Stood due north of that spot
3) Stood due south of that spot

Currently, Jewish visitors to the Temple Mount undergo strict preparations in accordance with halacha (Jewish law) such as immersion in a mikveh (ritual bath) prior to ascending the Mount. Once on the Mount they adhere to a specific route, based upon the accepted positions of rabbinical authorities. (A map of the permitted area which reflects the most central and widely-accepted route can be viewed by clicking here).

[i]During Temple times, the 71 members of the Sanhedrin, the center of Jewish jurisprudence, were seated in a semi-circle within a special chamber in the courtyard of the Temple.

“It is appropriate that the Sanhedrin convened to discuss this lofty matter this week,” Sanhedrin spokesman Rabbi Chaim Richman told Arutz-7’s Ezra HaLevi, “as the Torah portion is Terumah – the portion of the Bible which begins to deal with the preparations for the Tabernacle. Though seemingly esoteric, the preparations for building a Tabernacle and the Temple are at the center of who we are as a people.”

Richman also said that it was heartening to see that despite talk of withdrawal from parts of the Land of Israel and Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s declaration that Israel has “given up its dreams,” the Sanhedrin is being strengthened and is moving toward strengthening the nation of Israel. “As all these things happen all around us, the Sanhedrin is researching ways to renew the deepest roots of our faith – to renew Temple service, reunite Jewish legal tradition and inspire the Jewish people to aspire to greatness. Our people have one path before us, and we will continue to march toward our destiny.”

Following testimony from rabbis, professors and archaeologists who are experts in the matter of the Temple Mount a final presentation to the Sanhedrin before an eventual decision will be given by a subcommittee now in formation which will thoroughly examine the various opinions.

Rabbi Yisrael Ariel, one of the paratroopers who took part in the 1967 liberation of the Temple Mount and the founder of the Temple Institute said: “People today say, ‘who are we in this generation to even consider building the Temple?’ But in this week’s Torah portion we see that the commandment to build a Temple was given to Jews who had just stumbled and committed idolatry – they had just worshipped the golden calf. The fact is that what God requires in this world is for regular people to do their best. That is what we are trying to do.”[/i]

[url="http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=76624"]http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=76624[/url]