SallyCat Posted January 21, 2004 Posted January 21, 2004 I think that you are a GREAT person. Your thoughts are very...intriging(sp?) Your questions are prokoving and I thank you for them. When I am bored in class I think back to your posts and you questions. Your questions help me get though a class sometimes. I LOVE to think and I really have a hard time stopping, so it's amesome that you give me such wonderful, plesant things to think about. I loved the why do you come why do you stay, not only because they were good questions , but because I had very good reason to think about GS and when I think about GS I get an overwheling feeling of Christ's presence. So what do you think about me? From what I've shared (although it mightn't be much)
DesiringMore Posted January 21, 2004 Posted January 21, 2004 sallycat, you just made my day!! it makes me smile to know that throughout your day you think of some of the things i've said or asked....KEEP THINKING, KEEP QUESTIONING, KEEP LOOKING, KEEP SEEKING GOD!!!! never be content with where you're at, never be content with the answers you receive especially if they are crappy answers....DESIRE MORE!!! i loved coming back and reading what you posted...to know that we were so far away and you thought about us...that is BELONGING... i look forward to you asking more questions...although scary, i look forward to you asking them...when you ask questions you not only stretch yourself but you stretch those you ask the questions to if you konw what i mean...so, do you come on sunday nights to Brandi's youth group??? i was there two weeks ago and you weren't there!! i'm sure i will be there again soon too..if Brandi wants my help...i'm a little crazy though...but i love to help others, love others, i love to share the Love of Christ with others, i love to show people in creative ways they are special...and i thank God for the heart he has given me in wanting to love....
DesiringMore Posted January 21, 2004 Posted January 21, 2004 So all you CLers....what was your most memorable part of the Diaconia?? what was your favorite? least favorite? most challenging? most intriguing? most quesitoning? well, i could go on and on with questions but why don't you just tell me all about your weekend and then i'll ask questions if what you say sparks a question or intrigues me in some way...and for any of you that were there, you know the stupidest things intrigue me....like the cake story...i shall never forget that b/c that made realize many things...it made me smile and cry all in one moment....gotta love the cake story.........i'll tell all later on about my weekend....i want to hear yours first!!!! i want to listen and not talk so much!!! PLEASE SHARE!!!! ppppplease(BigDaddy movie, ever seen it? that's where the ppplease line comes from:) ...... as far as CLU's favorite songs...we don't do songs every week b/c somone has to brig their guitar....but would you like to know my favorite songs??? My Father Sings to Me You those are my two favorite...and we sang them this weekend at the Diaconia one right after the other....definitely made my heart smile!!!
SallyCat Posted January 21, 2004 Posted January 21, 2004 Yeah, I was there on Sunday...that was the first time i had ever went. I think I liked it. Man those kids are a crazy crew! I am a little nervous when it comes to new things. I think I want to go back, but before I go back I want to make sure that the people want me to go back, well not necessarily want to to be there, but I want'em to be ok with my being there. I kno am a weird kid. i just always need a sense of securioty and when i try new things it is hard to have that security. Oh and after HYRG I went to G.D. Ritzy's with the peeps. I was going a little too fast and the roads were a little too icy out. I hit a pole, but it was ok cuz it as one of those wooden fence pools. I was stilled scared to death, but luckily no damage to my car. How the no damage thing happened I can only say it was a work or God!
SallyCat Posted January 21, 2004 Posted January 21, 2004 My Father Sings to me is my favorite song too. I really don't remember how You goes though. Last week for one of the songs Brandi wanted to sing you, but we wanted to sing My Father Sing To Me. Well it was sorta split down the middle and i was sitting closest to Brandi and I do believe i was persistant, We sang my Father Sings to Me ...I think i wrote in this thread that that song was the first song that I heard and it touched me. I LOVE singing!!! I am sure we will sing You tomorrow well at least I hope we do.
DesiringMore Posted January 21, 2004 Posted January 21, 2004 i hope we sing both of them!!! and as far as the youth group goes...Please come, i will be there if you promise to be...i understand about the sense of security..but i want you to be there, Brandi i'm sure wants you to be there....and i'm sure you want to be there.....SO COME!!!!! :D ..... music speaks to my very heart....i love to listen...unfortunately God did not give me the gift to sing...i do love singing but i don't in front of people....i'm afraid they will laugh at me...or think "man, i wish she would stop singing"...but there are moments that God speaks to me through music that i cannot help but sing and sometimes(mostly when i'm by myself but there were times this weekend on the ride up and the ride back) that i just cried....music moves me...
Katt1227 Posted January 21, 2004 Posted January 21, 2004 Diaconia was amazing. I have only one word to describe it.... Oy. As Mike said on Monday morning, there's nothing like spending a weekend with Jesus and 300 of His scandelous friends!! From start to beginning the weekend was amazing. An Encounter, in the best way possible. A lot of stuff that I still have to absorb, so much that was provoking, that made me question, that made me ASK!! But, it's amazing how God always answers my begging. Not always as I want, but as He wants. Diaconia was an answer to my begging, to my desire. This movement, these friends are an answer to my begging. Moments that struck me... The encounter with the Cake was a very memorable moment. DM, you'll have to tell about that... in your freedom, of course. Guissani's video was amazing, and I would encourage anyone who is interested in CL to read the notes from that video. It was a video of Guissani's visit to New York in 1986. It was amazing. He is an amazing man. My favorite part of the weekend, though, was Sunday night when all the CLU kids went to the bar down the street from the hotel, and sat together and sang songs at the top of our lungs for like 2 hours. I was happy. I belonged. I hope this makes sense to everyone, and I look forward to continuing this school of community here on Phatmass!! God Bless!
SallyCat Posted January 21, 2004 Posted January 21, 2004 This Sunday I have Snowflake from 7 to 8. Snowflake is a overnite retreat for 7th and 8th graders focused on staying substance free. Sunday is like one of the formation meetings and I am a committee chair. Maybe I can go to HYRG for the first 45 min go to snowflake at St. Ben's and try to leave early so I can make it back for soul writing. Yes, I LOVE music. I always thought that I could sing, but my friends told me different. So I became discouraged and was afraid to sing. I love singing as GS because they don't judge me and two really good singers told me that I could sing so that made me truely happy. And I figure Jesus doesn't care how you sound.
DesiringMore Posted January 21, 2004 Posted January 21, 2004 Yes, Katt, the whole weekend was amazing...amazingly hard, amazingly amazing, amazingly provoking, amazingly lots of things....and i definitely share my Cake story...BUT i'm at home b/c i had to take the van back...when i get back to school i'll get out my trusty little notebook and then post....give me a few hours...so, i'm gonna go now so that i can get back and do that...if it doesn't happen tonight it will most definitely happen tomorrow...but i will try my hardest to stay awake long enough to post it....Katt...i didn't get to bed until after 11last night and then got up at 6:45am(i stayed at brandi's) and went to mass at Holy Redeemer....and i haven't stopped since...and i have soccer at 5:45am tomorrow morning--AHHHH!! gotta go but i shall return :D you can count on that one :dancing:
DesiringMore Posted January 21, 2004 Posted January 21, 2004 Diaconia was amazing. I have only one word to describe it.... Oy. As Mike said on Monday morning, there's nothing like spending a weekend with Jesus and 300 of His scandelous friends!! From start to beginning the weekend was amazing. An Encounter, in the best way possible. A lot of stuff that I still have to absorb, so much that was provoking, that made me question, that made me ASK!! But, it's amazing how God always answers my begging. Not always as I want, but as He wants. Diaconia was an answer to my begging, to my desire. This movement, these friends are an answer to my begging. Moments that struck me... The encounter with the Cake was a very memorable moment. DM, you'll have to tell about that... in your freedom, of course. Guissani's video was amazing, and I would encourage anyone who is interested in CL to read the notes from that video. It was a video of Guissani's visit to New York in 1986. It was amazing. He is an amazing man. My favorite part of the weekend, though, was Sunday night when all the CLU kids went to the bar down the street from the hotel, and sat together and sang songs at the top of our lungs for like 2 hours. I was happy. I belonged. I hope this makes sense to everyone, and I look forward to continuing this school of community here on Phatmass!! God Bless! I would also agree with Mike as well... Okay, here goes the cake story Saturday at the Diaconia was a day full of many thoughts, emotions, confusions, uncertainty, and feelings of inadequateness yet when we sat down for dinner as i ate my cake a bit of a breakthrough happend for me in seeing things in a whole new way than before--i knew what the cake looked like, i knew what the first bite tasted like YET i continued to be shocked as each bite, whether good or bad, was something new--as much as i thought i knew how each bite would taste, each bite was teaching me i really didn't and i had to take another bite--my desire was to take another bite even though i had no idea of what it would be like--just as life, God, CL, friendships, continue to change with each bite or continue to change me in opening my heart to what God has to show me...the struggle is within because you never know what will be next!! it cannot be planned nor expected to the fullest; it must be experienced..... so, whatcha think??
BLAZEr Posted January 21, 2004 Author Posted January 21, 2004 Oh so much to say. Definitely meeting the Evansville crew was high on the list of cool things. Don Caron. Don Albacete. Don Pino. 'nuff said. Oh, and Vitadini eating lunch . . . lol . . . I still chuckle when I think about it . . . He's a beast! He ate all the butter balls in front of him with the fork. LOL . . . The CL Choir. amesome. Late nights at Brits Pub. But the awesomest thing of all was to just be in the Presence with people you hardly know and find you have intense love for. Alfredo, Brooke, Julie, Kathryn, Luca, Tolo, Vince, Mike, Noah, Margei, everyone I'm not mentining cuz I just got tired of typing names . . . The whole thing was like one big constant movement of my heart, always forward, always deeping my desire, always exalting my "I."
DesiringMore Posted January 21, 2004 Posted January 21, 2004 But the awesomest thing of all was to just be in the Presence with people you hardly know and find you have intense love for. That is the most amazing thing...part of the mystery of God that allows such intense love for someone.....
track2004 Posted January 22, 2004 Posted January 22, 2004 Just got home from GS (well whatever we call it when everyone invades GS). I love when everyone is there, espically because I never actually know when it is going to be. Just driving up and seeing everyone's cars was one of the best things that happened today. Now on to what actually happened. Listened to an amesome violin piece thanks to Brandon. There were some analogies about how it sounded like life, but I really thought it sounded like a schoolyard. The first half was all up and down and up and down, high and low at a regular pace and that made me think of the classroom, very predictable and usually mundane. Then they were released for recess. The music perked up and the high pitched sounds of the kids were loud and quick. Every once in a while there was a long low sound of teach, ruining the fun. It was a great piece; I love classical music. Then we talked about Deaconea. It sounded amesome and I wish I could have gone, maybe someday. So at McNasty's I asked Brooke about it and I want to read the manuscript and watch the video and know and experience what they tell me about.
Schmandi Posted January 22, 2004 Posted January 22, 2004 (edited) but I really thought it sounded like a schoolyard. thats an amesome look on things. I wish i could listen to it again just to see in a new light. maybe we should have him play his pieces 2 or 3 times...... i think he would hate us. I hope he shares with us again next month at "Traces" - or that thing where everybody invades GS. I really enjoyed CL Traces last night...and i really don't know why. I think Kate really hit it on the nose when when she said she recgonizes something special especially when we all come together. I was just basking in the presence. In all honesty, i was also hoping the building wouldn't start on fire or something, b/c there were so many ppl there that we would have never gotten out of that upper room. i was aslo hoping the floor would continue to hold us up. I don't think that room was built to hold that many people. at the deaconia, we really talked up Phatmass b/c we enjoy it so much (although i went a-wall for a time) So, I'm hoping we get some new CL ppl here! If you're out there...let us know. Hey Blazer - I was really glad to meet you. You, as well, were one of the highlights of my weekend. I'll try to be more faithful to my postings at phatmass, really i will. My begging has grown stronger because of last weekend, and I thank all of you for being a part of that. When I met Christ, I discovered my Humanity. I beg that all of us come to live this everyday of our lives. but if you're like me, i'm still trying to understand it better. Would anybody be willing to share their understanding of this, and how they grew to understand it better through the weekend of the deaconia. It would really help me. GS is watching a movie (Shadowlands) at HolyR @ 7:30 in youth room. join us if you can. i'll be seeing you around. miss you already. Edited January 22, 2004 by Schmandi
Katt1227 Posted January 22, 2004 Posted January 22, 2004 So, after all this talk of Diaconia and stuff like that, I thought I would propose that we, as this PHatmass community, read and judge the notes from the video of Guissani's visit to NYC in 1986. If y'all think that's a good idea I will post the notes as soon as I get a chance to type them all in. I really would like to get everyone else's judgement of the things that Guissani said, and by posting the notes we can include everyone, even those who didn't go to Diaconia. Let me know what you guys think.
DesiringMore Posted January 22, 2004 Posted January 22, 2004 Just got home from GS (well whatever we call it when everyone invades GS). I love when everyone is there, espically because I never actually know when it is going to be. Just driving up and seeing everyone's cars was one of the best things that happened today. Now on to what actually happened. Listened to an amesome violin piece thanks to Brandon. There were some analogies about how it sounded like life, but I really thought it sounded like a schoolyard. The first half was all up and down and up and down, high and low at a regular pace and that made me think of the classroom, very predictable and usually mundane. Then they were released for recess. The music perked up and the high pitched sounds of the kids were loud and quick. Every once in a while there was a long low sound of teach, ruining the fun. It was a great piece; I love classical music. Then we talked about Deaconea. It sounded amesome and I wish I could have gone, maybe someday. So at McNasty's I asked Brooke about it and I want to read the manuscript and watch the video and know and experience what they tell me about. You're the bomb track2004...i loved what you got out of what Brandon played...THANK YOU for sharing!!! i like your "where everybody invades GS"...that was funny...it made me :D when i get some more of my notes well thought out, i'll share some more, i promise about the weekend and what it meant.....but in ways it was so overwhelming that i'm still trying to figure out some things....so, it may take me little while...i hope you understand ......
SallyCat Posted January 22, 2004 Posted January 22, 2004 I think Y'all were misinformed! GS is watching a movie (Shadowlands) at HolyR @ 7:30 in youth room. join us if you can. i'll be seeing you around. miss you already. It's at 7:32 :)
DesiringMore Posted January 22, 2004 Posted January 22, 2004 I think Y'all were misinformed! It's at 7:32 so, does that mean you're going SallyCat??? and to youth on sunday, you will be there right??? i hope so...b/c then i'll get to see you!! :D
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now