Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Ancilla Domini
Posted

Djokovic is gone!!!!! OH MY WORD! I totally didn't see that coming. =P Oh well...

Come on Roger! One of your major rivals is down! You can do it. :D

I have to say, I watch men's tennis more, although I generally know what's going on in women's tennis.

Spem in alium
Posted

Djokovic is gone!!!!! OH MY WORD! I totally didn't see that coming. =P Oh well...

Come on Roger! One of your major rivals is down! You can do it. :D

I have to say, I watch men's tennis more, although I generally know what's going on in women's tennis.

 

Ahh, I know! So unexpected!!! And now things get REALLY interesting :P I had never heard of Wawrinka before, which probably means I live under a rock ;)

Murray v. Federer...now that should be interesting!

 

Ancilla Domini
Posted

Ahh, I know! So unexpected!!! And now things get REALLY interesting :P I had never heard of Wawrinka before, which probably means I live under a rock ;)

Murray v. Federer...now that should be interesting!

 

 

sigh...

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch that match! It's at 3:30, my time. :P So I'll just have to check when I get up tomorrow, to see if Roger got into the semifinals. :)

Ancilla Domini
Posted

Gracias. You and your useful links! This helps a lot, especially since I don't have a TV!

 

Nor do I, which is why I need to find all these things. :)

Nadal won that match.

Federer won against Murray!!!! :yahoo:

Ancilla Domini
Posted

Alright, what do you think are the odds that Federer will win against Nadal? It's going to be an extremely tough match. :P

ChristinaTherese
Posted

After noticing you two talking about tennis, I decided to watch some last night. (After I should have been in bed, but I'd been up late studying.) It was interesting. Thanks for the link! (I was kind of sad I had to go to bed during the match between Federer and Murray....) I'll probably watch more when I can. (This morning in Australia/this afternoon where I am.)

ChristinaTherese
Posted

Alright, what do you think are the odds that Federer will win against Nadal? It's going to be an extremely tough match. :P

Is that on the schedule, or just theoretical at this point?

Ancilla Domini
Posted (edited)

It's on the schedule: Federer beat Murray, and Nadal beat Dimitrovi, which means that Nadal and Federer are playing each other in the semi-finals. Wawrinka and Berdych play, too, in the semi-finals. In the finals, the winner from the Nadal-Federer match plays the winner from the Wawrinka-Berdych match.

Edited by Ancilla Domini
Ancilla Domini
Posted

After noticing you two talking about tennis, I decided to watch some last night. (After I should have been in bed, but I'd been up late studying.) It was interesting. Thanks for the link! (I was kind of sad I had to go to bed during the match between Federer and Murray....) I'll probably watch more when I can. (This morning in Australia/this afternoon where I am.)

 

Glad you joined us. We were getting a little lonely here, being the only tennis fans. :)

Posted

The blisters on Nadal's left hand saw him treated by a trainer, though at no stage did he require a medical time-out - thus, he should be able to carry the problem, it's just a question of whether it hinders, or halts, his passage to another final. A familiar face awaits.......

 

Last year, Federer lost all seven matches he played against the other three in the big four. No cohort of players, he appeared to be saying on Wednesday night, beats Roger Federer eight times in a row.

 

 

 

Ancilla Domini
Posted

The blisters on Nadal's left hand saw him treated by a trainer, though at no stage did he require a medical time-out - thus, he should be able to carry the problem, it's just a question of whether it hinders, or halts, his passage to another final. A familiar face awaits.......

 

Last year, Federer lost all seven matches he played against the other three in the big four. No cohort of players, he appeared to be saying on Wednesday night, beats Roger Federer eight times in a row.

 

Yeah, I saw that. He said that it just effects how strongly he can hold the racket. He should be ok, but it may determine the outcome of the Open - maybe even of the semi-finals!

 

Yeah, Federer wasn't so great this past year - he said so himself. He even dropped down to #7 at one point, last year. His game is looking up in 2014, though. I hope something comes of it! He's got to win this Open - I want him up to #1 again, sometime, and this is the place to start. :winner:

Ancilla Domini
Posted (edited)

Haha! Some take it a little far, don't they? :hehe2:

 

vera.jpg

Edited by Ancilla Domini
Ancilla Domini
Posted

Who's your favorite player, Cappie?

Spem in alium
Posted

Alright, what do you think are the odds that Federer will win against Nadal? It's going to be an extremely tough match. :P

Agreed! Both are excellent. But Nadal - he is, after all, the best player ever, remember? :P

novak-djokovic-on-who-wants-to-be-a-mill

 

Glad you joined us. We were getting a little lonely here, being the only tennis fans. :)

Yay! Another fan! Welcome! :)

 

Haha! Some take it a little far, don't they? :hehe2:

 

vera.jpg

Yikes. That would do wonders for her teeth.

Ancilla Domini
Posted

Agreed! Both are excellent. But Nadal - he is, after all, the best player ever, remember? :P

novak-djokovic-on-who-wants-to-be-a-mill

 

Yay! Another fan! Welcome! :)

 

Yikes. That would do wonders for her teeth.

 

I disagree with Djokovic, you know. ;) RF is obviously the best ever. :D

Spem in alium
Posted

I disagree with Djokovic, you know. ;) RF is obviously the best ever. :D

Obviously! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...