An Old School Catholic Message Board

Five Easy Ways To Show Your Faith

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Mrs. Bro. Adam

I read this in an insert in the bulletin this morning. Just wanted to share it with you all.

[quote]God intends his gift of love to be shared.  In fact, Jesus told us to, "[i]Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations"[/i] (Matthew 28:19).  Yet, few of us are comfortable with preaching on street corners or pitching pulpits in supermarkets.  Here are some gentle, yet efective ways to share your faith wit others:
[list]

[*][b]Guard your speech.[/b]
According to the Talmud, the Jewish interpretation of the laws given to Moses, gossip is as serious a sin as murder.  Don't engage in it and leave the room when the conversation turns to gossip or dirty jokes.

[*][b]Avoid bad language.[/b]
Small but visible examples of the integrity that springs from your faith may encourage nonbelievers to want to know more.

[*][b]Recall a meaningful experience with God.[/b]
Sometimes a person seeking God needs to hear concrete examples of how he enriches lives.

[*][b]Offer to Pray.[/b]
Even nonbelievers appreciate prayers in times of need.  Be sure to credit God with the outcome.

[*][b]Be unapologetically Catholic.[/b]
Don't skip Mass to accept social engageements.  Keep your Lenten fast at dinner parties.  Your actions will tell others that your faith means a great deal to you. 
[/list]

Not everyone to whom you witness will come to God immediately, but the seeds you plant will help God's kingdom to grow one soul at a time. [/quote]

franciscanheart

amen to all of those! thanks for this.
ive had good experiences with all of these but especially #1,2, & 4

no. 1 can sneak up on you kind of quietly, sometimes i dont realize it because i respond to the non-slnadering forms of gossip with prayer. but, i do think that i need to watch my mouth more.
these are really encouraging because they are something that i can actually do. i just dont like street preaching or walkin up to people and sayin "do yo uknow Jesus!?!".

Fides_et_Ratio

The bulletin inserts are usually pretty cool at St. Peter's (another reason I usually opt to go there.. interesting stuff to read afterwards :lol: )

(P.S.-- Fides usually goes to the 4pm Saturday Vigil at St. Peter's... to avoid the Sunday morning rush on campus.)