An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass: A Notice

Tink

I apologize for what I said, Rachael.

My comment really was not meant to be to you specifically, though it surely came out that way. It was more a general thought expressed in a very poor fashion. I hope you can forgive me for my cruelty. While I understand that I said it in a way far from dignified, I do not concede my point.

When I became part of Phatmass, it was amazingly awesome because it was so laid-back, fun, and drama free. This was a major change from the usual websites I visited, where snide comments and remarks were constantly being made, where people complained constantly of 'all they [were] going through'. Somehow, Phatmass has turned into such a place. I feel like every time I refresh the page, someone is taking something offensively, or being overly serious about something. More and more, I read posts in threads that just scream 'OH, poor me!' or something to that effect.

I'm not saying all of this is bad, I'm simply suggesting that everyone step back and take a look at what's going on. People getting upset because VeraMaria is getting 'more attention'? People leaving because they're sick of the drama? I know that lives are rough, and people have problems. But when numerous posts are mere sob stories rather than requests for prayers, and people nitpick comments and almost look for something to take offense at, it's ridiculous.

I'm sorry for all the detestable but necessary things I've said, and I do hope that Phatmass will find a solution. I understand that I have in no way helped this problem with my remarks in the aforementioned thread, and for this I also apologize.

In summation, I've discovered that, amongst other things, Satan is having a hayday with my soul here on Phatmass.com. My downfall has been jealousy, judgement, and pride, and here, these wicked traits take over. It is for this reason that I am giving up Phatmass. Definitely for Lent, possibly for good. I wish you all well in the light and Spirit of Christ, our Lord.

"Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer." -Romans 12:12

In Christ and Mary,
Erin

Oh dear. You didn't break Phatmass. Nobody is mad at you, and nobody wants anybody to go anywhere! People on Phatmass have been serious from time to time ever since I've gotten here. The main thing I remember is 1) Its not a popularity contest. Keep the feeling hurt for people that you've actually met face to face. I'm never offended on Phatmass (although I am often appalled :P) and I'm never on any number one lists. I like it that way - I know who my friends are and they never make those lists anyways :lol:. 2) You're here to grow in faith primarily - there is a debate table full of ways to look at current events and how they relate to Catholicism. There is an Apologetics table full of great stuff.

Maybe you should just give up Open Mic. I did that... and it really helped.

it will all blow over.. I have faith that it will.... break off for lent if you must.. but please dont leave alltogeather.. we would wonder about you!

God bless and prayers,
Tony

Tink, don't leave. Only open mic has a lot of drama now. Phatmass is turning into a soap oprah. I hate those (except those mexican ones cuz their short and its funny to watch them translated into arabic). We should give this carp up. Seriously, what is this, a place to vent? Phatmass is turning into a joke (much lamer than the one i just posted).

Tink did what I did. She will be back. I assure you my comrades, she will be back. May take months, or days, but she will.

God bless,
Mikey

Tink, it is not your fault.

Don't leave. We all have done things we regret.

phatmass shouldn't be taken so seriously on Open Mic. [i]Maybe[/i] the debate table. But Open Mic is SOOOOOOOOOo not worth it. :lol:

prayers for you! :cyclops:

Tink: Please don't go..

What's happened on this website, I've not seen a lot of, as I got here about a month ago (that was a fast month) and what I saw when I first arrived, did appear to be like a family. I was intimidated by this, a little, but I run a website that is like a family also. Sites such as these are a rarity on the web. When you find a site like this, you must hold on to it. No great site, however, is without its' drama. It seems that the best things are attacked at every turn. My awesome community was hacked, not once, not twice, but THREE times last fall. They deleted the ENTIRETY of the forums.. every last post was either gone or in the wrong place.

And no community, no matter how tight knit, is without a little bit of drama every now and then. It is what we do to overcome that drama that makes us stronger as a whole and as individual members of that whole.

Leaving the site is up to you, I can't force you to stay, but I have to tell you that you are one of the members that made me feel welcome here. I'm trying my best to get to know the various personalities on this site, and from what I've seen: this site has a very diverse and eclectic group of people with the single common thread that we are all Catholic and we're all trying to get to heaven.

Our goal as a community should be, always, to build each other up, not tear each other down. To die unto ourselves, and put all others first. To take up our cross and carry it.

Overall, if there IS drama, and it's between a few people..those people should take a good long look at why there is the drama, and think about being honest with themselves and with the others involved. We're talkin' 100% honesty. Then, and only then, will the healing process begin. Everyone is in the same boat.. we're all going to die someday and God-willing be spending an eternity together in heaven. And after 5000 years in heaven, this forum drama will be long forgotten anyway, so learn from this, and move on. It's not rocket science.

Thanks for reading and God Bless!

Edited by Specter

hey, the best advice is to take a break from open mic, not phatmass in general. each board has something unique to offer: Catholic Apologetics, Music, Converts, the Word, the different rap groups, each has something unique. so, when i get tired of the apo board i check out open mic. when i get tired of open mic i go back to the apo board or i check out some other board.

variety is the spice of life :D

Well, as has been suggested, I will stay on the Apologetics and Debate boards. This is for my own spiritual benefit, and hopefully for the benefit of others as well. I will, however, probably do more lurking than posting, but I will be present nonetheless. Specter, thank you for you gracious thoughts, you are one of several people who make me wish to stay. However, the drama, which wasn't even mine until I made it thus, is something I prefer not to be involved in at this time. Spiritual warfare is a crazy thing, and presently it's a beast to overcome. I've only been posting on Phatmass for a couple months, so I'm sure it won't be difficult to survive without me!

^_^

pax Christi,
Erin

cmotherofpirl

Drama comes in cycles, things go back to normal for awhile, then it repeats.
Hang on for the ride. Lent always does this to people. :)