An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass: A Notice

Tink

I suggest everyone read Raphael's thread, since we are both leaving for similar reasons. Everyone is saying things which are, in essence, my point.

[quote]The main thing I remember is 1) Its not a popularity contest. Keep the feeling hurt for people that you've actually met face to face.[/quote]

Exactly! Why do people become so upset or offended by little comments in little threads about silly matters and stupid things? It's ridiculous how seriously people take the internet and the people they 'meet' through it. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Cyberspace is not necessarily reality. We all need to realize this and take it to heart.

[quote]We should give this carp up. Seriously, what is this, a place to vent? Phatmass is turning into a joke (much lamer than the one i just posted).[/quote]

This thread was made out of exasperation because of all the 'carp' that you mentioned. People are using Phatmass as a place to vent, rather than express concern or ask for prayers. It's comprised of whining, selfishness, and sob stories, and that's something I'd like to avoid, if not in reality, than at least on here. That is why I [b]am[/b] giving it up for Lent.

[quote]Overall, if there IS drama, and it's between a few people..those people should take a good long look at why there is the drama, and think about being honest with themselves and with the others involved. We're talkin' 100% honesty. Then, and only then, will the healing process begin. Everyone is in the same boat.. we're all going to die someday and God-willing be spending an eternity together in heaven. And after 5000 years in heaven, this forum drama will be long forgotten anyway, so learn from this, and move on. It's not rocket science.[/quote]

I think if there's drama to be dealt with, whining to be done, or 'Oh-poor-me-look-at-all-I've-been-through' stories to be told, they can be done so privately, or at least discreetly. A good example of what not to do is what I said to Rachael in one of her earlier threads. I promoted the exact thing I was frustrated by, and though hypocritical in actions, my intentions were pure.

I will be praying a rosary for Phatmass tonight, I do hope others will as well. God bless, and have a wonderfully holy Lent.

[color=blue][i]St. Placidus, patron saint of difficult situations, help us in our time of need. Intercede for us to our heavenly Father, that we might be rid of this unholy dissent. May Christ's light shine upon our hearts and may we always rejoice in love, rather than offend in hate. For all things that are pleasing to Him are for the building up, not the tearing down. Let us learn that it is the sacrificing of our own pride that will bring us closer in this Phamily of Christ. We ask this through Christ, our Lord.
Amen.[/i][/color]

"We who are strong ought to put up with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves;
let each of us please our neighbor for the good, for building up.
For Christ did not please himself; but, as it is written, "The insults of those who insult you fall upon me."
For whatever was written previously was written for our instruction, that by endurance and by the encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope.
May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to think in harmony with one another, in keeping with Christ Jesus,
that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. " -Romans 15:1-6

Ad Majorem Dei gloriam-
Erin

You shouldn't leave, it's a cycle that comes and goes. I would also suggest exploring the other boards of Phatmass, the drama seems to be most evident in the Open Mic.

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Feb 22 2005, 03:49 PM'] You shouldn't leave, it's a cycle that comes and goes. [/quote]
Evidence that PhatMass must be female. -_-

[quote name='dUSt' date='Feb 22 2005, 02:53 PM'] My official response to all this: [b]Who cares?[/b] [/quote]
hi. Can you fix the radio.blog thingy on my site? i cannot get it to just "pop up".

[quote name='MC Just' date='Feb 22 2005, 04:11 PM'] hi. Can you fix the radio.blog thingy on my site? i cannot get it to just "pop up". [/quote]
ROFL :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
trying to get dust's attention just?

oh yea, don't go Tink, you are dope. ^_^

I'd miss you,

well I only post like once a week now because of school, I wonder who'd miss me? LOL :sadder:

hehe Pax my people
~S.

Phatmass is a good ministry tool. Its a great place to come share random thoughts with other peeps about everyday things that happen in a young or old(dust) catholic life.

Learn to draw the line people. Get away from the computer and enjoy Gods world then come back and talk about it.

To sum it up.

Get a life. :cyclops: