An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm in Trouble!

the_rev

yeah...sadly many diocesan priests don't wear the cassock anymore. (i know many religious don't wear habits and that is sad too). i love seeing Diocesan priests wear the cassock. it is really inspiring for me to see such courageous witness. i say courageous because the priests that do wear it take a lot of heat from others in many dioceses. i guess i expect it more from religious and don't usually expect to see a diocesan priest wearing it anymore...so i am always very, very happy to see them do it. they sure could use our prayers. :)

Catholictothecore

one of my criteria for chossing an order is if they were habits. Humm...Doninican White, Carmelite Brown, or Franciscan...brown again.

[quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Feb 22 2005, 07:35 PM'] i didn't know how sheltered i was till i met a guy who was dressed like the bishop or priest who wasn't even catholic but like baptist or something....

my jaw dropped after i asked him what diocese he was from and realized he wasnt' catholic.....

talk about weirded out :mellow: [/quote]
I know, I felt sheltered when I met a guy and he did the 50 question thing once he knew I was catholic. I was like :blink: doesn't everyone know the teachings of the church? Well I guess that's what 8 years of catholic school will do to ya, everyone you know has taken at least one year of catholic education :sweat: