An Old School Catholic Message Board

Switchfoot

Dudette

boo yeah! :cool:

I hear they are coming out with a ..um..how would say, all of their cds in one this year....I want to get it....

FranciscanRocker25

i'm not sure if anyones posted this cause i got tired of readin after the first page, but in CCM magazine they said, "we're Christians by faith, not by genre"

DemonSlayer

[quote name='Dudette' date='Apr 2 2005, 11:27 PM'] boo yeah! :cool:

I hear they are coming out with a ..um..how would say, all of their cds in one this year....I want to get it.... [/quote]
I think they already have a 3-album set already out.

• 4 weeks later...
learning2breathe

[quote name='Duc_In_Altum' date='Mar 7 2005, 10:21 PM'] Switchfoot does a good job at bridging the gap in the music scene. Rather than playing up this situation that Christian music is separate than the world, they inconspicuously penetrate the wall and sneak God in here and there. It's important to have some type of Christian witness on MTV. Let's face it, they wont be putting Matt Maher on there anytime soon. Don't get me wrong. I really like Maher's stuff, but to contrast, Maher's message would be a little hard for MTV to swallow. In order to penetrate the secular world with Christian outreach, we've got to meet them where they're at. The secular world is kinda like a sick child. It's only gonna swallow if it can't taste the medicine. You can water down medicine and still get the goods. I think Switchfoot does that. They're pretty darn good musically too.

namuste,

-Joe [/quote]
Excellent! That is exactly why I like them. They aren't pushy and they're reaching the mainstream unlike many Christian bands out there. They aren't afraid to be called sell-outs because they know that they aren't. Switchfoot reaches out to [i]everyone[/i].

I love Switchfoot! :guitar:

Jesus Freak

I whole-heartedly agree with learning2breathe on this one. I hear a lot of people calling them sell-outs. I don't think they are. it is great that they are being heard on secular radio stations and mtv. isn't that was being a Christian is all about? Reaching out to the non-believers?
If they can continue to come out with great music and still keep their Christian reputation that is GREAT!!

Think about it?

Freak

i dunno if any of you guys have seen the 2nd vid for [url="http://www.switchfoot.com/videosmain.htm"]dare you to move[/url]. all im gonna say is it struck a chord in my heart that was a little too close to home. any of you who feel like ur life hits you in the stomach sometimes proly know what im talkin about. lucky theres God, ill get through it.