Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

I've been banned at BaptistBoard!


Recommended Posts

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Welcome to the club, Matt!


They banned me when I wasn't even Catholic yet. They banned me cause hubby had become Catholic.

I guess not everyone is good enough for their country club ;)

Posted

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Mar 16 2005, 01:14 PM'] Welcome to the club, Matt!


They banned me when I wasn't even Catholic yet. They banned me cause hubby had become Catholic.

I guess not everyone is good enough for their country club ;) [/quote]
did they give you any explaination? just curious

Posted

I applied to be a member there like a year ago just for kicks.. knowing I wouldnt get accepted hehe

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

[quote name='Tony' date='Mar 16 2005, 12:17 PM'] did they give you any explaination? just curious [/quote]
They were 'afraid' Adam would get into the Private Women's Forum. It's funny, actually, because there's no telling who those ladies are letting read that forum while they're on it.

Posted (edited)

very interesting ... people lying through their teeth on a board that has "The truth will set you free" on it

Edited by Tony
Posted (edited)

[quote]We no longer accept Catholics, knowingly, for membership[/quote]
This is illegal discrimination.

Edited by Specter
littleflower+JMJ
Posted

max its good to see ya again! i miss you!!

im soo sorry about you being banned matt! :shame:

even since they banned bro. adam and dojogrant, along with alot of other phatmassers i gotta say their motto used should be.....

"The Truth will get you [b]Banned[/b]" :mellow:



prayers for you friend, ^_^ for you are a brave one!! :duel:

shelly_freak
Posted

I couldn't spend more than 2 minutes on that board. Of course the first place I headed was the debate about catholics thread and I just kinda skimmed but I think I've just gotten my share of bs for the day.

I think I can safely say I will die a happy death never going back there again.

Posted (edited)

Matt,

I tried reading thru the entire "About the Catholic Church" thread at BaptistBoard, but the dreck that they were spewing there made my head want to explode! :blink: I gotta give ya credit for sticking to it though. :clapping: I always find it amazing when the fundies try to position themselves as knowing more that a well-catechized Catholic about Catholic Doctrine, history, encyclicals, catechisms, ex cathedra pronouncements, dogmatic pronouncements of Church Councils, etc. Why would they bother reading all of that (in their view) heretical writing? :rolleyes:

I had a similar experience at the American Sons of Liberty discussion board. A lot of very fundamentalist evangelicals there. One in particular attacked me whenever I posted anything in the religion boards. When we got into a debate about Matt 16:18 ("And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it."), he danced around my question of why did Jesus call (rename, actually) Simon, Peter? Refused to ever address it head on. It caused a major ruckus there, let me tell you! I think what [i]really[/i] ticked 'em off was that I always made my points "sola Scriptura," using the King James Bible! The moderator ("Christian Patriot") for the religious boards there even went so far as to surreptitiously edit my posts to make it look like I was saying some incredibly outrageous things! :mad:

The admin there, Gene (a genuinely good guy) refused to have me banned, so my debate opponent quit the forum in disgust. After that, they wiped clean all of the religious boards ("Just housekeeping, really." :rolleyes: ) and the religious boards moderator e-mailed me that he would automatically remove any posts containing "Catholic" teaching. He would not allow me to try and "recruit" good Christians into "the Whore of Babylon." :no: I don't go to that site very much anymore. :leave:

When I wonder why other Christians are sometimes so virulent in their hatred of the Catholic Church, I always remember what G.K. Chesterton said -
[quote]He has come too near to the truth, and has forgotten that truth is a magnet, with the powers of attraction and repulsion. . . It is impossible to be just to the Catholic Church. The moment men cease to pull against it they feel a tug towards it. The moment they cease to shout it down they begin to listen to it with pleasure. The moment they try to be fair to it they begin to be fond of it. But when that affection has passed a certain point it begins to take on the tragic and menacing grandeur of a great love affair. The man has exactly the same sense of having committed or compromised himself; of having been in a sense entrapped, even if he is glad to be entrapped. [/quote]

Edited by Dennis
Posted

[quote name='Matt Black' date='Mar 16 2005, 09:22 AM'] I guess I'm drifting Romewards but still officially Baptist

Yours in Christ

Matt [/quote]
^_^

lilac_angel
Posted

Dennis, that's a great Chesterton quote...filled with truth, as usual.

Posted
:D

Dems are some Ignorant baptists.
Brother Adam
Posted

[quote name='Specter' date='Mar 16 2005, 01:36 PM'] This is illegal discrimination. [/quote]
No, it is not.

Posted

What makes it NOT illegal? It'd be the same as me building TolkienFans.com and not allowing anyone that is a fan of Rowling into the site.

Brother Adam
Posted (edited)

If you build a website, if you own the website, if you pay for the website, you are free to choose who you allow to join the website.

If a group of woman build an organization to help them overcome abusive male relationships, is it illegal for them to reject male applicants?

No.

There is nothing illegal about you building a tolkien site and rejecting applicants who like Rowling. It is privately owned and run.

Think about it.

Edited by Brother Adam
Brother Adam
Posted

This is of course different than running a public institution. You're local library cannot reject you because you are Catholic.

But what if we had a small group of new Catholic Converts on the board and Dust was overrun by 2,000 baptists who came here to convert them back. Would he be wrong to ban them? No. It is completely in his right to do so.

Joining a website is not a [u]right[/u]. It is a previledge.

theculturewarrior
Posted

How many people have been banned from Phatmass? Just curious?

I remember Bruce. That's about it. If Phazzan is still around well, we must be pretty thick skinned. :thinking:

Brother Adam
Posted

Morph is another one. Trolls in general.

Posted

I'm torn, I don't know if I should be upset at all the broad nasty sterotypical remarks about baptists or, ashamed to say that I consider my self in the same group...er Baptist....not the anti-catholic type...hmm I think I'll be ashamed we deserve it, for the ignorance that infects MANY but not all, I'm sure there are a few open minded people who just don't agree, I think I fall somewhere inbetween...nevermind me I'm just thinking out loud

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Everything that we say about Baptists are [b]not[/b] towards those who retain and share charity, rather, the harsh, brutal truths about what those who [b]hate[/b] Catholics and are anti-Catholic.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...