Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

I've been banned at BaptistBoard!


Recommended Posts

Ash Wednesday
Posted

Jeez. That's really dorky.

At least here people can become members regardless of religion (or lack of.)

Posted

never been banned anywhere before

theculturewarrior
Posted

[quote name='Honour' date='Mar 17 2005, 05:00 PM'] I'm torn, I don't know if I should be upset at all the broad nasty sterotypical remarks about baptists or, ashamed to say that I consider my self in the same group...er Baptist....not the anti-catholic type...hmm I think I'll be ashamed we deserve it, for the ignorance that infects MANY but not all, I'm sure there are a few open minded people who just don't agree, I think I fall somewhere inbetween...nevermind me I'm just thinking out loud [/quote]
I don't think the Baptist Board represents the best of Evangelicalism, and I think some of the people who have been exposed to it have seen its worst. :)

Posted

protestants...who needs them? :rolleyes:

Posted

[quote name='Honour' date='Mar 17 2005, 05:00 PM'] I'm torn, I don't know if I should be upset at all the broad nasty sterotypical remarks about baptists or, ashamed to say that I consider my self in the same group...er Baptist....not the anti-catholic type...hmm I think I'll be ashamed we deserve it, for the ignorance that infects MANY but not all, I'm sure there are a few open minded people who just don't agree, I think I fall somewhere inbetween...nevermind me I'm just thinking out loud [/quote]
How very true. We should all avoid making blanket statements. How many of us would be upest if the baptist said something about the scandals a few years ago representing all priests? Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='gonzaga' date='Mar 17 2005, 06:01 PM']protestants...who needs them? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
I guess I'll just disappear into a puff of thin air now that I know I'm not needed. :o :P If anyone cares my feelings aren't really hurt, that previous post was mostly sarcasm. ;)

I forget you have to use lots of smilies or you come off all wrong. But I still don't get this one --------> :ph34r:

Edited by Honour
Posted

[quote name='Honour' date='Mar 17 2005, 06:20 PM']
I forget you have to use lots of smilies or you come off all wrong. But I still don't get this one --------> :ph34r: [/quote]
:ph34r:

mamasboy1210
Posted

Yea Rock On Matt. Inform the ignorent. :cool:

cmotherofpirl
Posted

[quote name='Honour' date='Mar 17 2005, 07:00 PM'] I'm torn, I don't know if I should be upset at all the broad nasty sterotypical remarks about baptists or, ashamed to say that I consider my self in the same group...er Baptist....not the anti-catholic type...hmm I think I'll be ashamed we deserve it, for the ignorance that infects MANY but not all, I'm sure there are a few open minded people who just don't agree, I think I fall somewhere inbetween...nevermind me I'm just thinking out loud [/quote]
These are not stereotypical remarks about ALL baptists, just the ones over at the baptistboard ;) .
Every group has a couple that give the rest a bad name.

All people are welcomed here as long as they mind their manners. :D Many people here are former protestants.

Brother Adam
Posted

Word up.

Posted

[quote name='mamasboy1210' date='Mar 17 2005, 06:55 PM'] Yea Rock On Matt. Inform the ignorent. :cool: [/quote]
Except I can't anymore :(

Yours in Christ

Matt

Posted

You may have touched some hearts of members over there at BaptistBoard, even if the admins threw you out. I've had bad experiences with fundamentalist board admins, yet gotten e-mails from some forum members supporting me and letting me know that others were seeing thru what the admins were trying to do.

So, keep the faith! You may have done good over there that you'll never know of...

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

I have a theory about the bannings at the BB. If you're not Catholic, and you even post once here on Phatmass, you get banned.

Posted

Possible...although I'd been posting here for some weeks until I got banned there...unless the mods there only check in here every so often

Yours in Christ

Matt

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Eh...it'd been a few months for me. I didn't even know I was banned until Adam tried searching the site.

Posted

[quote name='Honour' date='Mar 18 2005, 12:20 AM'] If anyone cares my feelings aren't really hurt, that previous post was mostly sarcasm. [/quote]
nah we don't really... :D

Posted

i tried to get there yesterday....they ask for religion and i obviously put roman catholic.....they wouldn't let me in!

Posted

[quote name='aloha918' date='Mar 18 2005, 11:17 AM'] i tried to get there yesterday....they ask for religion and i obviously put roman catholic.....they wouldn't let me in! [/quote]
i wonder if you answered "Baptized Catholic" if that would work...it has enough of Bapist to maybe slip by? :)

Posted (edited)

ok, earlier I visited their site...and I looked at the forum about..other religions...I was like...:mellow: :huh:

Edited by Dudette
Posted

Doubt it; "Born-again Catholic" might have more of a result.

Yours in Christ

Matt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...