An Old School Catholic Message Board

boondock saints

IXpenguin21

IXpenguin21

thats fine now that this is in the debate boards.

my issue was that he took liberty to pick a fight.

it feels like having a convo w/ people and having someone step in and tell you that you are wrong for reasons X, Y, and Z, when you weren't even claiming to support them in the first place.

sorry if i feel like that is annoying. i geuss that's never happend to any of you.

You may agree that the movie is not so good, but by asking people to exclaim the better parts of it, you are supporting it. Other people, whom I respect, have gone farther than you and condoned the movie.

To remain silent would have been a sin of omission.

And for the record, I did not say that the quotes are wrong or are uncool, I just said they were unholy.

There are no neutral moral actions you are either going to or away from God.

<edit> I am my brother's keeper, thank you Cain.

Edited by Theoketos

MichaelFilo

Theoktos has a point. imagine if this made someone go out and watch it. Lets say someone who is struggling with sexual sin, or is looking for a wholesome catholic outlet. They see Catholics who watch this stuff, and go see it for themselves. Woops, you are now held accountable for bringing up something that put someone out of the state of Grace and into a state of mortal sin. If no one speaks out, it could happen. Thank you Theo, I've never watched the movie, and will make an effort to never see it.

God bless,
Mikey