An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Homeschoolers

Catholictothecore

Are you enrolled in Seton Home Study School?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*teen4Christ*

reelguy227... but ummm i am starting MODG!! YAY!! I had seton for like 3rd grade to 5th grade...it was ok

Edited by *teen4Christ*

• 2 weeks later...
BrightSunshine

I would get out of Seton if I could but my mom won't let me do another program. bah!!!! I'll be the happiest person alive when I get out of it. That is if I don't go insane first! j/k lol It's a good program bust sometimes it gets to me.

• 2 weeks later...

finally, you actually want to join..

[url="http://www.setonhome.org/phpbb2/index.php?sid=c2230f56ec65b2a3bba5ac13ae2b8e6c"]http://www.setonhome.org/phpbb2/index.php?...ba5ac13ae2b8e6c[/url]

:D

I think it would have been good to have had a religion class, something you never get at public school =.

I was a Seton-er. Loved every minute of it, including the uber hard work. I had been public schooled prior to beginning Seton, so it was a welcome educational experience.

Now I'm stuck at a $#^@ "Catholic" college. I think I'll go shoot myself.

hey guys, i wanna home school my kids one day and read the book by the woman who started the seton school.. for those of you who don't like it, whats wrong with it? whats modg? do you regret not regular schooling? what do you like best and worst?

lol sorry if this seems random, the homeschooling thread title got my attention from the phorum homepage! :)

Well, actually, I don't hate Seton, I really appreciate it. The "I don't like it" comes out of every student(Seton.) Because the workload is entirely amazing, there is SO much to do. Don't get discouraged by that though. :) It helps a lot for the students when they go to college, because the work load in College/University, is also large, so Setoners are used to it. Another good thing is that Setoners are able (when their finished highschool) to help themselves, just like they did when they were in school. Most high school students that do Seton don't need their parents help, they do it all themselves. This is my opinion, though I'm sure CatholictotheCore will say something, he also uses Seton.
I do believe that Seton is the biggest Catholic homeschooler program used in America. Though I shall have to double check. [url="http://www.setonhome.org"]This[/url] is their website/homepage. They also have a message board for their students, where they can come and ask questions concerning school, and they have the counselors(who grade their work) on the board.
I can try and see if Crusader_03 could come and post here, she's a previous Seton student and is going to Christendom college I think.

MODG is Mother of Divine Grace, it's another homeschooling program.

I'm glad I'm with Seton and wouldn't go to another homeschooling program. :)