An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are non-Catholics weird?

theculturewarrior

Are non-Catholics weird?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CarpeDiem88

There is no definition of normal, so how can one particular person be weird? Until you define this, let me know how this is based.

God doesn't define non-Catholics as weird. He may frown upon them for their choices, but I guarantee you, they aren't as weird as you may think they are. They're different, but they are human just like you and I.

Pointing them out as weird means nothing. Tell me what normal is and you will then base your answer on whether or not that person fits your standard. What about God's?

theculturewarrior

[quote name='CarpeDiem88' date='Mar 27 2005, 11:42 PM'] they are human just like you and I.
[/quote]
This is a subject for another poll.

People used to tell me I was weird and I was non-Catholic at the time. My personal experience is definitive...no more definition is needed.

Non-Catholics are weird. Especially during Lent. :bugeyes:

CarpeDiem88

But listen to yourself:

[quote]My personal experience is definitive...no more definition is needed.[/quote]

I wasn't asking you about yourself. I was asking about God's definition. Tell me that.

Edited by CarpeDiem88

theculturewarrior

God's definition of weird is when your cousins visit you and they don't want money. *cough*non-Catholics*cough*

CarpeDiem88

Joke, eh? Make sure you don't offend some people who were non-Catholics and have almost 350+ relatives who are non-Catholic. ;)

Kilroy the Ninja

Is this actually a debate or is it just taking up valuable space here?

Please define the debate or it's curtins for this thread.....

sweetpea316

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Mar 27 2005, 11:50 PM']Non-Catholics are weird. Especially during Lent. :bugeyes:[/quote]
Heh... Well, I'm not Catholic, but during Lent, I was asked very frequently if I [i]was[/i] Catholic. It was kinda cool. ^_^ But yeah, I was asked that mainly because I had given something up for Lent and I talk about Catholicism and defend it when people say stupid things. So back to the original question...does that make me weird? I guess it depends on your definition... :) God bless.

theculturewarrior

Okay! Non-Catholics aren't weird.

I apologize if this thread was out of line. Captain Will made me do it. :unsure:

I just remembered what I didn't like about the debate table... :rolleyes: