An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Students in Baptist Schools

CarpeDiem88

CarpeDiem88

Well for them to promote the fact that they are a "Christian" school that "accepts all denominations" is false information. They don't accept anyone who isn't in line with their doctrinal beliefs. @musturde, listen to me, you can not justify this school. Come here for a day and you might understand what I'm talking about.

I understand that there are different rules at a private school than a public school but for them to post the information out there that says that their school "accepts all denominations" is not only misleading, but it can also be classified as blatantly lying. I mean, I don't like being there. IT is extremely demoralizing to me. I feel like carp every day because not only do they take points off papers and force me to remove things (and yes musturde they can force you to do it, they have the right to force, my parents signed a form -- they are actually permitted to hit me if they need to) from lockers but they say comments about the Catholic Church as if it were the Mormon or Church of Satan.

That is what makes me angry. :angry:

CarpeDiem88

I just wish they would stop and see. They wont open their eyes. What do I do? And what do you think the other kids are thinking?

toledo_jesus

get outta there. start hanging out with the "wrong crowd". by that I mean other Catholics. ;) They'll expell you sooner or later. Problem solved.

cmotherofpirl

How old are you?

Put your medals back on and leave them on. Put your rosary whereever you want it to be.
If they don't like it - tough.

Tell your parents you are going to need therapy [paid for by them] to counteract all the abuse you are recieving on a daily basis.

If they touch you call the police. Your parents cannot give someone else permission to assault you.

Tell your parents they are making you sin because you are starting to hate baptists instead of loving them as you should be.

This in contrast to a Catholic school which would value your religiuos freedom.

Edited by cmotherofpirl

God Conquers

[quote name='Raphael' date='Mar 30 2005, 03:37 AM'] Don't remove your scapular or medals again. I don't care what they do. [/quote]
I agree.

What can they do? Tear them off maybe, but how does that make them look.

You are evangelizing by your very presence there. You love and your patience and your fortitude in faith can be examples to all.

MichaelFilo

[quote]
If they touch you call the police. Your parents cannot give someone else permission to assault you.
[/quote]

Parents can give schools the authority to phsyically reprimand disobedience. It is a waiver you sign.... they did it at my elementary (public) school. It very much is allowed.

Just keep up the good fight. Keep your medals on, and fight on.

God bless,
Mikey

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='CarpeDiem88' date='Mar 30 2005, 04:57 PM'] Well you'd be proud. I wore my medals and scapular allllll day today. :) [/quote]
:D Don't let them push you around. :) Be kind and patient, but don't budge. We are called to be unabashedly Catholic.

CarpeDiem88

Well, they thought they could stop me. It's a little bit hard though. I may have subjected to them the first day, but not the second. I'm sort of a person that goes down his own path. I don't like to follow people who are blind. Nor do I follow usually. I usually lead. :D

conservativecatholic

CarpeDiem88: I am so sorry that your school has done this. It's truly saddening. What is the school's name? Thanks and May God Bless.

Brent