An Old School Catholic Message Board

MARIOLATRY

Priscilla

[i]Bishop Pavao Zanic's successor, Bishop Ratko Peric, wrote this statement on October 2, 1997, concerning his position vis-a-vis the Medjugorje apparitions:[/i]

On the basis of the serious study of the case by 30 of our [experts], and on the basis of my episcopal experience of five years in the Diocese, and on the scandalous disobedience that surrounds the phenomenon, and on the lies that are at times put into the mouth of the "Madonna," and on the unusual repetition of "messages" for over 16 years, and on the strange way that the "spiritual directors" of the so-called "visionaries" accompany them through the world making propaganda off them, and on the practice that the "Madonna" appears at the "fiat"(let her come!) of the "visionaries," my conviction and position is not "non constat de supernaturalitate" (the supernaturality has not been proven) but has changed to the other formula "constat de non supernaturalitate" (the non-supernaturality is proven) of the apparitions or revelations of Medjugorje."