An Old School Catholic Message Board

Confusing....

Cam42

MichaelFilo

This thread has went horribly off topic.

(Unneccessary space)

Why do you have a hot air baloon?

God bless,
Mikey

Oh Mikey

We'll get back on topic. We're just waiting for quietfire to clarify his opinion on Cam and Argent.

Why do I have a hot air balloon? Because I used to look pretty stupid sitting in the basket without one.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Apr 10 2005, 06:42 PM'] Oh Mikey

We'll get back on topic. We're just waiting for quietfire to clarify his opinion on Cam and Argent.

Why do I have a hot air balloon? Because I used to look pretty stupid sitting in the basket without one. [/quote]
Mikey (Little Camster),

We used to make fun of hot stuff in college when he would say....

[quote]Do you wanna take a ride with me in my wonderful balloon?[/quote]

I never understood why he would ask that, but then I realized that he had a great imagination and would pretend. Although the basket did look funny in the back of his Honda. It is like when little girls play with barbies or when college seminarians get dressed up in cassock and surplice in the middle of the night (c'mon, you collegians know you do it ;) ).

But now, now he has a balloon and all those dreams of being a member of the 5th Dimension are realized.

If you don't get it, look up the band, The 5th Dimension and this post will make perfect sense. The name of the song is "In My Beautiful Balloon" one of hot stuff's favorites.

Cam

God Conquers

Are calling me an Owl hot stuff......

Speciesist.

It's over. I hope I fly into your balloon intake and before I die it explodes....

Figuratively.......

Figure THAT out.

Oops, it was a Toyota and not a Honda. Sorry Himester.....they look alike.

But the basket still fit in the hatchback.....

Cam

argent_paladin

[quote name='Quietfire' date='Apr 10 2005, 03:21 PM'] Wow.
Cam42 and Agent Paladin were much kinder than I was.

They were argueing that there was nothing wrong with abortion.

I made reference that instead of abortion, why didnt they just hack the hospital nursery up with a butcher knife, or were they that afraid of actually looking at their own child face to face before they did the deed. (insert your own thought there, Im leaving the details out. [/quote]
I looked at your posts since March 11 and you make no reference to abortion. I don't believe that I have ever come across your point of view and you have truly made this thread "confusing".

Who is the "they" who are arguing that there is nothing wrong with abortion. It certainly wasn't Cam or me, who were comparing artificial contraception to murder. It would make no sense for us to then find abortion acceptable.

And where did you "make reference"? It would be helpful if you actually were specific about your references.

One thing is certain, you were accurate when you said that you were "leaving the details out."

burnsspivey

[quote name='Cam42' date='Apr 5 2005, 10:54 AM'] There is an attitude out there from teenpregnancy.org that states:

[quote]The best way to prevent pregnancy is to not have sex at all. But if you do, you need to use protection every single time.[/quote]

Why must there always be a "but" when dealing with morality? This isn't subjective. There are certain things that are objective and the impropriety of sexual deviance is that. [/quote]
Well, since the rest of this thread seems to be in-joke masturbation, I think I'll tackle the topic at hand.

Teenpregnancy.org isn't dealing with moral issues -- they're dealing with teen pregnancy as an epidemic (I know, you would never have guessed from the name, right?). Thus, they offer the best way to avoid getting pregnant: abstinance. Then, knowing that not every teen will want to be abstinant they offer the next best thing: protection.

[quote]This is like saying....The best way to prevent an armed robbery is not to rob at all, but if you do, you need to take a gun safety course, every single time.

Both are against the law, both are incredibly stupid.[/quote]

And, as much as I hate to agree with dust (;P) your analogy doesn't stand. You can't compare a crime with a consensual act that occurs normally within the context of human life. The two are intrinscially different. How is consensual sex against the law again?

[quote] Well, since the rest of this thread seems to be in-joke masturbation, I think I'll tackle the topic at hand.[/quote]

You are reading into our jokes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much.