An Old School Catholic Message Board

Confusing....

Cam42

There is an attitude out there from teenpregnancy.org that states:
[quote]The best way to prevent pregnancy is to not have sex at all. But if you do, you need to use protection every single time.[/quote]

This is like saying....The best way to prevent an armed robbery is not to rob at all, but if you do, you need to take a gun safety course, every single time.

Both are against the law, both are incredibly stupid.

Why must there always be a "but" when dealing with morality? This isn't subjective. There are certain things that are objective and the impropriety of sexual deviance is that.

It is sinful and it is wrong. Trust me on that one.

Groups like teenpregnancy.org start off really good, but then talk too much. And when that happens reason breaks down. Sometimes it is best to just let it be with the original thought and to leave the "but" out.

Cam

Actually, taking a gun safety course isn't wrong in itself. I know it's not the point, but the analogy doesn't work. haha

IcePrincessKRS

How about, you shouldn't rob a store but if you do make sure you take a gun with you ever time? :P

Off topic - but I'm glad I've found you Cam42: I just wanted to say I was very sorry you got such a frosty welcome on that other Forum; please forgive them. It's very strange they didn't pick up on your points at all: it wasn't very Christ-like, but I hope you won't hold it against them.

God bless you.

argent_paladin

In another thread I used the example of

Don't start shooting up a schoolyard full of kids, but if you do, make sure you hand out little bullet-proof vests first.

Protection, right?

Brother Adam

I know I know.

How about teaching kids about the dignity of the human body. Teaching them that they are wonderfully and fearly made, and that Jesus loves and cares for them.

Novel huh?

Wow.
Cam42 and Agent Paladin were much kinder than I was.

They were argueing that there was nothing wrong with abortion.

I made reference that instead of abortion, why didnt they just hack the hospital nursery up with a butcher knife, or were they that afraid of actually looking at their own child face to face before they did the deed. (insert your own thought there, Im leaving the details out.

Edited by Quietfire

[quote]They were argueing that there was nothing wrong with abortion..[/quote]

I am now hiding under my desk

Edited by jaime

God Conquers

I am running away.... not just in fear.... but also in unbelievable confusion.

I'm talking Liberal Catholic confusion here folks....

Clarifications PLEASE on the baby-killing and whatnot.

[quote name='Quietfire' date='Apr 10 2005, 03:21 PM'] Wow.
Cam42 and Agent Paladin were much kinder than I was.

They were argueing that there was nothing wrong with abortion.

I made reference that instead of abortion, why didnt they just hack the hospital nursery up with a butcher knife, or were they that afraid of actually looking at their own child face to face before they did the deed. (insert your own thought there, Im leaving the details out. [/quote]
HOLD THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER SAID THAT ABORTION WAS OK, ACCEPTABLE, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you getting that inference? I made an analogy about teenpregnancy.org. I was disagreeing with their position.

I suggest that before you go on the attack and make uninformed statements like this, you should read what we are saying.

Do you even know what I said? I made an analogy that teenage sex is illegal. Which it is. Have you ever heard of statutory rape? That is why I said, both are illegal.

You gotta be kidding me!!!!!! I can't speak for argent_paladin, but I do know that he is also pro-life....and I am personally offended that you misread me so very badly.

Check the post and ammend yours, it is a totally incorrect assumtpion on your part.

Gee whiz.....

Cam

Incidentally before that totally incorrect and uneducated post, where had you posted on this thread before?

Cam

God Conquers

uh..... quietfire may have been talking about "they" as in whoever you were arguing against Cam.....

I think he was supporting you...

Just FYI.... the post was a little confusing though.

OK a lot confusing.

Much like this thread, which is now less about properly preventing teen pregnancy and more about properly creating mass confusion.

<----- peering out from under desk

Thanks for clearing that up Matt. I know I read it as Cam and Argent were arguing for abortion and I knew what Cam's reaction was going to be!

Whew!

See that's why try to be very deliberate in my writing. This is such an antiseptic realm that very innocent statements can justifiably be misconstrued.

I'll see ya'll later. I'm going to blow up my house now!

Oh sorry, I have a hot air balloon that was christened "My House". We're going ballooning this afternoon.

God Conquers

Hey, any time.

Oh, if you think I'm clearing anything up again you're wrong.... I was just saying hi to the new guy who just signed up... any time. He's a good guy. I mean she. I mean.... it's ambiguous, but you know....

... time to go.