An Old School Catholic Message Board

The World in Awe

Aloysius

2 Billion people are expected to watch the Papal funeral on television on Friday. That's 1/3 of the world's population making it the largest television event in the history of the world. Never before will so many people have been seeing the same thing at once.

2 Million people are expected to visit.

Ash Wednesday

Haha... it's so funny how shocked some people are about the world's reaction to the pope's passing.

What can we say? Wujek was larger than life. :D

I actually plan on watching the how-to-buy-a-house with no money down infomercials at that time. Sorry to disappoint.

[quote name='dUSt' date='Apr 5 2005, 04:48 PM'] I actually plan on watching the how-to-buy-a-house with no money down infomercials at that time. Sorry to disappoint. [/quote]
:rolling:

[quote name='dUSt' date='Apr 5 2005, 04:48 PM'] I actually plan on watching the how-to-buy-a-house with no money down infomercials at that time. Sorry to disappoint. [/quote]
forget that, I am going to learn how to get rich quick by selling houses

Ash Wednesday

You mean by watching the funeral, I'm gonna miss my favorite "beautiful hair" infomercials by Cher? Or the Gazelle and Thighmaster people? :o

do you all know what time the Pope's funearel is?

4 am eastern time, 3 am central time

God be with me that day in school.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 5 2005, 04:59 PM'] You mean by watching the funeral, I'm gonna miss my favorite "beautiful hair" infomercials by Cher? Or the Gazelle and Thighmaster people? :o [/quote]
Tony Little! :o

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 5 2005, 04:59 PM'] You mean by watching the funeral, I'm gonna miss my favorite "beautiful hair" infomercials by Cher? Or the Gazelle and Thighmaster people?  :o [/quote]
dont forget 8 minute abs

Edited by Tony

cmotherofpirl

I love watching the reactions of the newspeople. It just seems to astound them that this many people actually believe in God, and this many people want to honor the Vicar of Christ. Its like a little circuit going off in their brain that maybe, just maybe, there is something to all the "God stuff" and they really are in the minority.

[quote name='the_rev' date='Apr 5 2005, 05:00 PM'] do you all know what time the Pope's funearel is?

4 am eastern time, 3 am central time

God be with me that day in school. [/quote]
Do you know if any new channels will have it on later in the morning so more pple have an opp. to see it?