An Old School Catholic Message Board

Funeral Mass

Cam42

Q the Ninja

For me it was sorta a first. (I can't find any Latin Masses back home, excluding the wonderful Tridentine--I want some of the Novus Ordo too...).

It wasn't a first because most of the Masses at Saint Peter's that I've been to were in Latin. :)

conservativecatholic

[quote name='Q the Ninja' date='Apr 9 2005, 07:19 AM'] For me it was sorta a first.  (I can't find any Latin Masses back home, excluding the wonderful Tridentine--I want some of the Novus Ordo too...).

It wasn't a first because most of the Masses at Saint Peter's that I've been to were in Latin.  :) [/quote]
It's truly sad that the Tridentine Mass is so scarce these days! I have a feeling though that the Latin Mass will become more widely accepted by American bishops as the Church becomes more liturgically conservative.

Edited by conservativecatholic

CMOM-- St. Boniface/Holy Wisdom all the way! Exit 10 on 279 South; Exit 9 on 279 North.. they don't even MAKE you cover your head, though they offer chapel veils...

:D

Even my mom dug out her old Latin missal...

I sat there and translated the Gospel for my mom; I was so excited that I was able to translate it directly! :cool: