curtins Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 Your Linguistic Profile: 55% General American English 35% Yankee 10% Dixie 0% Midwestern 0% Upper Midwestern
azaelia Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 45% General American English 45% Yankee 10% Dixie
Honour Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 Your Linguistic Profile: 50% General American English 35% Dixie 5% Midwestern 5% Upper Midwestern 5% Yankee There should have been more "both" answers.
track2004 Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 75% General American English 10% Dixie 10% Yankee 5% Upper Midwestern 0% Midwestern I'm from Southern Indiana, but I do not sound like it. I find it rather funny I got a whopping 0% for my actual area of the country.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 I said Midwestern, but that's not what the quiz gave me (I didn't know there was a quiz until after voting). I kinda disagree with this quiz...too many General American English speakers...I don't think it hit the right point. It should ask how you pronounce O and stuff like that...get those Northerners out of my General American English grouping... 80% General American English 5% Dixie 5% Midwestern 5% Upper Midwestern 5% Yankee
rachael Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 35% General American English 25% Dixie 25% Yankee 15% Upper Midwestern 0% Midwestern
Renz Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 70% General American English 15% Dixie 10% Yankee 5% Upper Midwestern 0% Midwestern Raised in So. Cal and Arizona.
rachael Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 here is a different test: [url="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lgrob/southern_dialect_quiz.htm"]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lgrob/southe...ialect_quiz.htm[/url]
Antonius Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 45% General American English 35% Yankee 20% Dixie 0% Midwestern 0% Upper Midwestern What's a cruller?
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 63% (Dixie). A definitive Southern score! yes! I knew it! the other test lied. This is right, I am from Maryland. Duhhh
Lil Red Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 i think the fact that my mom is from Kansas has a lot to do with the way i speak.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 [quote name='rachael' date='Apr 17 2005, 06:23 PM'] here is a different test: [url="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lgrob/southern_dialect_quiz.htm"]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lgrob/southe...ialect_quiz.htm[/url] [/quote] 47% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category. I object!
crusader1234 Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 The first test posted I ended up abandoning becuase I felt like I was being forced into a corner. I call the night before Halloween 'Gate Night', an easy class an easy class, and I don't really know. I'm not American anyways. I talk like a British person without an accent, but with California slang.
Lil Red Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 [quote name='rachael' date='Apr 17 2005, 04:23 PM'] here is a different test: [url="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lgrob/southern_dialect_quiz.htm"]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lgrob/southe...ialect_quiz.htm[/url] [/quote] 53% Dixie.
rachael Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Apr 17 2005, 06:42 PM'] 47% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category. I object! [/quote] 86% (Dixie). Did you have any Confederate ancestors?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 [quote name='rachael' date='Apr 17 2005, 06:46 PM'] 86% (Dixie). Did you have any Confederate ancestors? [/quote] Yes, I do, as far as I know. I also have an ancestor's rocking chair from the Civil War... ...and I have ancestors who were in the Coast Guard in the Bermuda Triangle, the Army on the Italian Front in WWII, and mercenaries in Napolean's army...
rachael Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Apr 17 2005, 06:48 PM'] Yes, I do, as far as I know. I also have an ancestor's rocking chair from the Civil War... ...and I have ancestors who were in the Coast Guard in the Bermuda Triangle, the Army on the Italian Front in WWII, and mercenaries in Napolean's army... [/quote]
Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 [quote name='rachael' date='Apr 17 2005, 06:51 PM'] [/quote]
Fixxxer Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 Your Linguistic Profile: 65% General American English 20% Dixie 10% Yankee 5% Upper Midwestern 0% Midwestern
Luthien Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 55% General American English 35% Yankee 10% Dixie 0% Midwestern 0% Upper Midwestern
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now