bookwyrm Posted April 17, 2005 Posted April 17, 2005 60% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category. That makes some sense - I've never lived north of Virginia or west of Texas (Well, Hawaii doesn't count, it's not on the mainland! )
God Conquers Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 There were definately not enough options for most of those.... I speak Canadian... with [b] honour[/b].
Colleen Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 [quote name='Antonius' date='Apr 17 2005, 05:33 PM']What's a cruller?[/quote] A cruller's a doughnut. Usually it's a brown, glazed doughnut that's yellow and cakey on the inside. My score on the other test: 41% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category. [quote]Where might you get water in a public building? Bubbler RESULT: Heavy bias in southern Wisconsin and Massachusetts[/quote] See? It's not just Wisconsin!
kateri05 Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 what?!? i got gen. american (with a yankee tendency) but that other quiz told me i spoke southern. thats carp i'm from MD and we're the NORTH thank you very much!!
Dave Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 60% General American English 20% Dixie 15% Yankee 5% Midwestern 0% Upper Midwestern For a redneck I guess my English is pretty darn good!
argent_paladin Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 70% General American English 20% Yankee 10% Upper Midwestern 0% Dixie 0% Midwestern
let_go_let_God Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 For the first one its this which I take offensive to because I speak very fluent Upper Midwesterner. Your Linguistic Profile: 70% General American English 15% Yankee 5% Dixie 5% Midwestern 5% Upper Midwestern For the other one its 37% (Yankee). A definitive Yankee. but I watched all my answers, all of them said western great lakes. Which is true I'm in Duluth the very western part of the Great lakes to the other one is pretty good.
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 Your Linguistic Profile: 65% General American English 25% Yankee 5% Dixie 5% Upper Midwestern 0% Midwestern I didn't have answers for a couple, though, so I just picked one, and there were a couple others that I use both terms that didn't have the "both" option. I use both TPing and toilet papering, both tennis shoes and sneakers, and I don't have an answer to " What do you call a traffic situation in which several roads meet in a circle and you have to get off at a certain point?" (I don't call it anything) "What do you call an easy class?" (I call it an EASY CLASS!)
let_go_let_God Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 Also I think you guys would like this, [url="http://english2american.com/"]American to English Dictionary[/url] It's pretty funny.
Paladin D Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 (edited) [b]Very close[/b], I would say that sometimes I speak Yankee, and sometimes I speak General American English. My results: [b]50% Yankee 35% General American English 10% Dixie 5% Upper Midwestern 0% Midwestern[/b] Edited April 18, 2005 by Paladin D
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 [quote name='rachael' date='Apr 17 2005, 06:23 PM'] here is a different test: [url="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lgrob/southern_dialect_quiz.htm"]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lgrob/southe...ialect_quiz.htm[/url] [/quote] 50% Yankee.
conservativecatholic Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 (edited) 65% General English 25% Dixie 5% Midwestern 5% Upper Midwestern [b]0% Yankee[/b] Proud Southerner down here! Edited April 18, 2005 by conservativecatholic
Jazz4jesus Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 So who uses the term Bang a U-ey here. I learned it from some people from Boston
St. Catherine Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 The other test.... 48% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.
Janana8706 Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 Your Linguistic Profile: 85% General American English 10% Yankee 5% Upper Midwestern 0% Dixie 0% Midwestern Thats funny cuz i'm from central MO
disturbedxfairy Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 65% General American English 25% Yankee 5% Dixie 5% Upper Midwestern 0% Midwestern well at least yankee isn't the highest. then scofizzle really would have something to tease me about.
megrc Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 I got: Your Linguistic Profile: 65% General American English 20% Dixie 15% Yankee 0% Midwestern 0% Upper Midwestern
keighters Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 Your Linguistic Profile: 45% General American English 30% Yankee 20% Dixie 5% Upper Midwestern 0% Midwestern where's ghetto english yo?
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted April 18, 2005 Posted April 18, 2005 Your Linguistic Profile: 75% General American English 15% Upper Midwestern 5% Dixie 5% Midwestern 0% Yankee
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now