Guest Eremite Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 I can't explain how happy I am. I yelled out when they made the announcement. Everybody in the office is looking at me like I'm crazy, lol. I'm so proud to be Catholic right now!!!!!
stargirl3:16 Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 I'm so happy!!!! *a la Napoleon Dynamite* Yes...
Lil Red Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 [quote name='Eremite' date='Apr 19 2005, 10:46 AM'] I can't explain how happy I am. I yelled out when they made the announcement. Everybody in the office is looking at me like I'm crazy, lol. I'm so proud to be Catholic right now!!!!! [/quote] i yelled too, but my office isn't by anyone's, so i can yell as loudly as i wanna!
cmotherofpirl Posted April 19, 2005 Author Posted April 19, 2005 [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Cardinal_Ratzinger"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Cardinal_Ratzinger[/url]
Ash Wednesday Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 I can't help but view a certain significance in the name he selected -- was St. Benedict not a disciplinarian and reformer?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 19 2005, 12:59 PM'] I can't help but view a certain significance in the name he selected -- was St. Benedict not a disciplinarian and reformer? [/quote] Yes, he was...strict and faithful...
Isaiah41:13 Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 [quote name='Eremite' date='Apr 19 2005, 11:46 AM'] I can't explain how happy I am. I yelled out when they made the announcement. Everybody in the office is looking at me like I'm crazy, lol. I'm so proud to be Catholic right now!!!!! [/quote] me too! My friend called up to my room to tell her "Catholic friend" that there is a new Pope. (I didn't have the tv on because I am studying for a huge test). I screamed Yes!!! I'm so excited. It's so hard to comprehend this all as it is the first time I am going through all it. It's awesome. I love being Catholic
Dreamweaver Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 Wee, I just saw the news on a local newspaper's website. BREAKING NEWS. He'll be an awesome pope.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 Sooooo.... how are we going to figure out a Benedict 16th chant? This is the GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Theologian in Training Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 19 2005, 01:59 PM'] I can't help but view a certain significance in the name he selected -- was St. Benedict not a disciplinarian and reformer? [/quote] Not that I am one who puts a lot of merit in his prophecies, but didn't St. Malachi prophesy that the next Pope would be Benedict? Just curious God Bless
MC Just Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 Woo hoo!!!! viva Il papa!!! Pope Benedict 16th. That's dope.
lilac_angel Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Apr 19 2005, 11:48 AM'] i yelled too, but my office isn't by anyone's, so i can yell as loudly as i wanna! [/quote] I also yelled. And I was totally not expecting to see the big announcement already when I went to the EWTN website to listen to their radio while painting!!! What a completely pleasant surprise!!!! The Holy Spirit worked fast.
God Conquers Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 I was screaming in my house. In fact I still am: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kateri05 Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 oh im so excited i can't even handle it my diocese must be so POed....
Myles Domini Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 [quote]Not that I am one who puts a lot of merit in his prophecies, but didn't St. Malachi prophesy that the next Pope would be Benedict?[/quote] The pseudo-prophecy of St Malachy says the Pope after the labour of the sun aka John Paul the Great will be 'gloria olivae'. Since the Benedictines are also known as the olivet order then one can make the link between Benedict XVI and the list of Popes... ...thus making Benedict XVI second to last
Noel's angel Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 did everyone's parish ring their bells too when he was elected???
Aloysius Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 Theo, this pope in malachy's thing is "glory of the olives"... many speculated it related somehow either to a hebrew or someone from the benedictine order, and many others speculated that it meant the pope would choose the name benedict :ph34r: hmm.... though I don't buy into the prophecies either, if the next one takes the name Peter II, I'm fleeing to the desert or something for constant prayer.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now