thessalonian Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 I have to tell you folks, I have a feeling. There is going to be a huge backlash about this ratzinger selection. The liberals are going to screem! I feel like God has been prepraring the Church for battle and this selection could set it off. But gird your loins and clothe yourself with the armour of God. The promised land awaits but it must be taken. BE NOT AFRAID!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 Sanguis martyrorum est semen Christianorum... The blood of martyrs is the seed of Christians.
Don John of Austria Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 Loins girded, Armour on, Sword sharpened. Lets get to the fighting, I perfer a straight fight to all this sneaking around.
Lil Red Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 [quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Apr 19 2005, 04:58 PM'] Loins girded, Armour on, Sword sharpened. Lets get to the fighting, I perfer a straight fight to all this sneaking around. [/quote] :saber: :saber: amen to that :saber: :saber:
Scofizzle Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 The Liberal Media is already trying to give him Nazi affiliations..... grab up your bibles and carry your cross...its time to go to war
Myles Domini Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 [quote]Loins girded, Armour on, Sword sharpened. Lets get to the fighting, I perfer a straight fight to all this sneaking around. [/quote] NOW YOU'RE TALKING MY LANGUAGE! Its time to take on the Culture of Death :saber:
Dreamweaver Posted April 19, 2005 Posted April 19, 2005 So, no going at this ninja style? And they're already trying to give him Nazi affiliations? I am glad that I don't watch much TV. I hope that at least some progressives see that the Church's truth is not changing. Thats why I love being Catholic.
MC Just Posted April 20, 2005 Posted April 20, 2005 [quote name='Scofizzle' date='Apr 19 2005, 06:11 PM'] grab up your bibles and carry your cross...its time to go to war [/quote] I've been in War and i'll stay in war. ON GUARD!!! my church is being attacked from all angles and positions. I wont sit idly by.
thessalonian Posted April 20, 2005 Author Posted April 20, 2005 I hear coukie roberts had a tissy fit when you found out. It's gonna get ugly. THese liberals thought this was their chance. Now it is gone and worse. They stand to loose ground. This Pope was not picked to reconcile liberalism with the Church. He will be hated more than JP II whom they could not openly hate.
thicke Posted April 20, 2005 Posted April 20, 2005 It shouldn't be surprising that one of the intercessions for today from evening prayer of the divine office was as follows: [quote]Shepherd of all, Peter confessed his love for you and you gave him the care of your flock: give your pope N. ever more charity and zeal.[/quote] Keep in mind that it is not everyday that the pope is mentioned int he intercessions....
Sirklawd Posted April 20, 2005 Posted April 20, 2005 what duh!? who cares about the stupid liberals. i think its great to have people cry out that they will never have women priests or birth control. it FIRSTOFF makes them look dumb to think the definition of something can actually change (especially a religion). and secondly, it provides all of us with a chance to teach people why the church is the way it is, and why things are the way they are. and it's AWESOME!
jgirl Posted April 20, 2005 Posted April 20, 2005 [quote name='thessalonian' date='Apr 19 2005, 09:21 PM'] I hear coukie roberts had a tissy fit when you found out. It's gonna get ugly. THese liberals thought this was their chance. Now it is gone and worse. They stand to loose ground. This Pope was not picked to reconcile liberalism with the Church. He will be hated more than JP II whom they could not openly hate. [/quote] And you know...Cokie Roberts is a "Catholic." She's an alum of Sacred Heart schools, and I think last autumn, visited the one in St. Louis that St. Rose Philippine Duchesne founded... Back to the battle, I'm so ready! I think it was Ratzinger who said within a few years, the Church will shrink considerably, but it will be reborn. I'm all for purification, especially if it means getting Call to Action and Catholics for a Free Choice to stop calling themselves Catholic (unless they change their minds). BRING IT ON!!!
jezic Posted April 20, 2005 Posted April 20, 2005 i don't think the "church" will shrink so much but the people that have the label Catholic will be gone.
philothea Posted April 20, 2005 Posted April 20, 2005 [url="http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/006263.html#006263"]http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archi...263.html#006263[/url] For some upset liberals. Gah. I can't get past the first screen. "I hope it isn't Cardinal Rat." as the first comment. (FWIW, I don't recommend engaging them in conversation. Nevermind me, though.)
DemonSlayer Posted April 20, 2005 Posted April 20, 2005 People are already mocking him and saying that he looks evil/is evil on other boards.
myduwigd Posted April 20, 2005 Posted April 20, 2005 [quote name='DemonSlayer' date='Apr 19 2005, 11:13 PM'] People are already mocking him and saying that he looks evil/is evil on other boards. [/quote] um, I have a tendency to agree. This man looks very scary. There is something very wrong with the look in his eyes. You guys, we must be open to the fact that the bishops could have chosen the wrong person to be Pope. I'm seriously freaked out when I look at him. Im not mocking him, Im just saying what Im seeing is not good.
Ash Wednesday Posted April 20, 2005 Posted April 20, 2005 [quote name='myduwigd' date='Apr 20 2005, 04:02 AM'] um, I have a tendency to agree. This man looks very scary. There is something very wrong with the look in his eyes. You guys, we must be open to the fact that the bishops could have chosen the wrong person to be Pope. I'm seriously freaked out when I look at him. Im not mocking him, Im just saying what Im seeing is not good. [/quote] Did the disciples not recognize Jesus when he first appeared to him after the resurrection? Can the devil not appear in the guise of an angel of light? I really don't think Ratzinger/Pope Benedict particularly cares about whether or not people think he looks "evil." Neither should we. Anyone that can't get past appearances would be too shallow to recognize and listen to what he might have to say. I'd honestly like to think you're not one of those people. As for the "right man" being pope, we need to trust God's wisdom and plan in time.
Fidei Defensor Posted April 20, 2005 Posted April 20, 2005 I think he is awesome. If he looks scary, well then thats one edge we have up on the liberals
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now