An Old School Catholic Message Board

Triple Crown Tiara

MC Just

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Apr 25 2005, 09:01 PM'] Wow, when is this thread being moved to the debate board? ;) [/quote]
pretty soon I would guess.

[quote name='Q the Ninja' date='Apr 25 2005, 05:15 PM'] In Latin he uses the royal "We." [/quote]
Yes, I noticed that in his address which was in all Latin Wed. Itreminded me of an encyclical. A lot of Latin in general in the masses. :cool:

toledo_jesus

[quote name='Q the Ninja' date='Apr 25 2005, 09:56 PM'] Dude, chill.

This is perfectly acceptable.

We live with Tradition, not against it. I think this "Vatican II" spirit has got to end.

This is not something that necessarily has to go away, and for those of us who would like to see it retained some day, that would be great. [/quote]
are you actually insinuating that I'm one of those 'progressive' Catholics? I'm hurt. If you read my posts I think you'll see that you're not understanding what I'm saying. I realize that the tiara doesn't have to go away, and point of fact, I LIKE the tiara and the idea of it. But it doesn't HAVE to continue to be used, either. That's all I said, and what a coincidence...it happens to be what the popes are doing. It's not a capital T tradition...

ugh you made me feel unclean. "spirit" of Vatican II...blech. I must be getting soft or something. I've never been accused of that before. ;) Winks aside, I am somewhat perplexed...

If my posts strike you as in need of chilling, please remember that it's only text and you can't see my face or hear my tone of voice. I usually don't mean to offend. Usually...

Fidei Defensor

just an observation, but it looks quite silly that you are all "debating" over a silly crown..

[quote name='Pio Nono' date='Apr 25 2005, 09:22 PM'] JMJ
4/25 - St. Mark the Evangelist

I'm not trying to be a drag either - I'd LOVE to see them break out that tiara. ;) All I'm saying is that we shouldn't complain about what we've got in front of us, that's all. And some people are just complaining about our Mother, the Church, and I'm just telling them to stop. :P

Besides, I like the fact that they brought back the traditional pallium for the Pope. Very medieval-looking. ;) [/quote]
:)

Don John of Austria

Crowns are not silly. That is why St. Paul refers to them as a symbol of salvation.

toledo_jesus

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Apr 25 2005, 10:44 PM'] just an observation, but it looks quite silly that you are all "debating" over a silly crown.. [/quote]
thank you. I think a better word would be non-essential. The crown certainly gets the message across, but it isn't needed to do so.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Apr 25 2005, 09:46 PM'] Crowns are not silly. That is why St. Paul refers to them as a symbol of salvation. [/quote]
I should be more clear. I dont mean silly in that way. Im talking about the item itself. Remember, in heaven we dont have material things.. so what does it matter?

Don John of Austria

After the resurrection we will have our bodies, thus we will hav ematerial things. Of course none of that matters as we are not discussing Heaven but Earth.

Bump.

The Pope can wear the Triple Crown Tiara and still be like the humble fisherman from galilee. Many people forget that the Pope is also a King. I say bring back the Crown.

and i dont understand the term "spirit of vatican II". What is that suppose to mean.? It confuses me because some people like to act and think that the church began at Vatican II. The history before Vatican II is important also.

Edited by MC Just

Q the Ninja

Ahh, yes, but I would rather have Don John here than in the Feudal system...somehow, I think they'd clash...;)

[quote name='MC Just' date='Apr 25 2005, 11:57 PM'] and i dont understand the term "spirit of vatican II". What is that suppose to mean.? It confuses me because some people like to act and think that the church began at Vatican II. The history before Vatican II is important also. [/quote]
Exactly....and most people today think that it was abbrogated because the John Paul's chose not to employ it. That is not the case. Notice that the coat of arms of all Pope's still have it. And so do the seals.....

Bring back the crown. The tiara is an important symbol.

Cam

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Q the Ninja' date='Apr 26 2005, 02:24 AM'] Ahh, yes, but I would rather have Don John here than in the Feudal system...somehow, I think they'd clash...;) [/quote]
Not so much as you'd think. Have no objection to Authority, and right Authority is the only thing worth useing Power ( what ever power you might have, to support) But you are right if I had a bad lord I might be a rebel or at least be discontent, but contentment isn't such a good thing, pigs are content, one should always be discontent, one should always be striving, clawing, fighting, for improvment of the world. In fact i think I would rather enjoy the stability of a traditional Feudal system, it was the mobility of the Feudal relationships in the Church which was causal in my not becoming a Priest. To vow to Obey is not a little thing, and I came across just to many heretics who might have been my superior to vow a blanket obediance like that. That being said obediance to just rule is freeing and the Vow of the Teutonics ends " obediance unto death" and that seems quite appealing in many ways, particularly in an orginization such as theirs where you where virtually garrenteed a capable leader.