An Old School Catholic Message Board

Masturbation

Q the Ninja

Are you completely comfortable with it?  

329 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Q the Ninja

[quote]masturbation is wrong. if you did a survey and asked how many people feel completly comfortable with it, which you would expect if it was truly a natural activity as many suppose, I believe most would have a natural insight that it is a disordered and sinful action.[/quote]

I left this closed so people would respond in the other thread.

• 1 year later...
Laudate_Dominum

hmm.. it would be nice to post it here with the poll.. I'll see about finding it.

Laudate_Dominum

maybe it's this one.. not sure though, there are so many masturbation threads.
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=32446&st=125"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s...ic=32446&st=125[/url]

If I remember correctly, that thread eventually got closed down (after many, many pages of posts).
I say keep it closed, and close this thread too. (Perhaps post a link to the original for reference).

Deliberate masturbation is objectively sinful, but I don't believe lengthy threads on the topic are appropriate. The "masturbation" threads tend to go on long beyond they have served any useful purpose, and tend to attract a lot of tasteless and frivolous posts.

that is true soc, but on the otherhand its the kind of thing that really should be discussed and not swept under the rug if ppl really want to/need to change.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1006389' date='Jun 15 2006, 03:12 PM']
maybe it's this one.. not sure though, there are so many masturbation threads.
[/quote]

Sorry, but this made my laugh... LOL and stuff :)

Cow of Shame

[quote name='Semperviva' post='1007637' date='Jun 18 2006, 01:13 AM']
that is true soc, but on the otherhand
[/quote]

hahaha

God Conquers

[quote name='Cow of Shame' post='1007853' date='Jun 18 2006, 05:07 PM']
hahaha
[/quote]

Come on now!

No underhanded comments!

Jesuspaidtheprice

I don't see how one could consider juvenile masturbation seriously sinful, but it does do intrinsic harm to relationships later in life.

[quote name='Jesuspaidtheprice' post='1008327' date='Jun 19 2006, 03:14 PM']
I don't see how one could consider juvenile masturbation seriously sinful, but it does do intrinsic harm to relationships later in life.
[/quote]

Objectively, masturbation is always seriously sinful. However, a juvenile may not be entirely culpable for the sin.

I found the other thread to be enlightening on the topic, and encourage people to read it. There is a ton of chaff in it, but it's humorous, mostly anyways.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

[quote name='Jesuspaidtheprice' post='1008327' date='Jun 19 2006, 03:14 PM']
I don't see how one could consider juvenile masturbation seriously sinful, [u]but it does do intrinsic harm to relationships later in life[/u].
[i]emphasis added[/i]
[/quote]
I would say that is one good reason to consider it a serious matter. Since the procreative act, in a way, mirrors the Heavenly Father's act of Creation, the dignity of procreation must be protected against all abuse.