An Old School Catholic Message Board

Masturbation

Q the Ninja

Are you completely comfortable with it?  

329 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1224248' date='Mar 31 2007, 02:27 PM']Read the Catholic Bible's quotes above. They seem to think even that is a sin, if that was God's intention to talk about that.

I'm only going with the Bible's Authority.

Wash your body, wash your clothes.[/quote]
No, the Catholic Church does not consider unintentional ejaculation a sin.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1224243' date='Mar 31 2007, 02:24 PM']Wow, the Catholic Bible is a whole lot more harsh than the KJV and the JPS.

No wonder there is a huge debate about this.

No, I don't believe Masturbation is sinful. What else are you going to do if you're not married?[/quote]

Stay chaste...?

[quote name='Raphael' post='1224265' date='Mar 31 2007, 04:57 PM']No, the Catholic Church does not consider unintentional ejaculation a sin.[/quote]
Neither do I.

You were commenting on my posts of Scriptures, but the Catholic Scriptures absolutely condemn it, and that was what I was alluding too.

So I was just clarifying.

I don't think masturbation is the big bad sin everybody thinks it is.

Honestly, some of the recent scandals in the RC church, and other churches, could have been avoided, not that I believe that was the only reason the Sex Scandals happened.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1224271' date='Mar 31 2007, 03:02 PM']I don't think masturbation is the big bad sin everybody thinks it is.[/quote]

It is clear from Scripture that illicit sexual fantasies are forbidden, and this is a significant issue with masturbation.

"But I say to you, that whosoever shall look on a woman to lust after her, hath already committed adultery with her in his heart." - Jesus Christ

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1224271' date='Mar 31 2007, 03:02 PM']Neither do I.

You were commenting on my posts of Scriptures, but the Catholic Scriptures absolutely condemn it, and that was what I was alluding too.[/quote]
Our Scriptures do not condemn unintentional ejaculation.

[quote]So I was just clarifying.

I don't think masturbation is the big bad sin everybody thinks it is.

Honestly, some of the recent scandals in the RC church, and other churches, could have been avoided, not that I believe that was the only reason the Sex Scandals happened.[/quote]

The sex scandals were made possible because people who had no sexual self-control abused adolescents. Masturbation is most certainly not a form of sexual self-control. It's using sexuality for pleasure without union or procreation, it most often incorporates sexual fantasy, and it is a form of giving in to temptation.

KnightofChrist

The Bible may not mention the word masturbation, however, indirectly calls it "idolatry" and is an dishonor and a perversion of our own body.

Col. 3:5-6

Eph. 5:3-13

1Cor.6:18-20

Jesus Christ condemns lusting after a woman in your heart, saying that such people would be thrown into the fires of Gehenna. Masturbation is lustful no matter how you try to pain it; it cannot be done without LUSTING in your HEART. it's physiologically lust and you're lying to yourself if you're think you're not lusting in your heart when you do it.

Also: Fulltruth, you're applying a modern idea of what "unclean" means. To the Jews, 'unclean' was not about germs. It was about being tainted spiritually and physically by coming into contact with that which you are not meant to come into contact with. it was not hygenic, it was all about ritual and morality. but leviticus is not the basis. the basis is Christ's condemnation of lust in one's heart as well as the biblically based teaching that with sex comes a sacred obligation to follow God's command to be fruitful and multiply; and that all things should be done ordered towards their purpose. masturbation serves no purpose, it wastes seed and uses it contrary to its purpose but only for selfish purposes.

but of course, if you're only going to accept something from the Bible: Jesus Christ clearly says that all who masturbate (lust) are liable to the fires of Gehenna (Hell)

dairygirl4u2c

i've never seen so many people vote. must be the catchy title and captivating subject.

personally... i think think we should start a new subject. i'm not sure if the mods would buy it though because it's so cathcy and captivating. see, i think i'm the best fisher in the world. i attribute it to my baiting skills. so i say, let's mass debate to see who's the ultimate master baiter.

i consider myself a regular mass debater at phatmass, so i'm game. i'll argue about how great my master baiting techniques are.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1224309' date='Mar 31 2007, 04:02 PM']i've never seen so many people vote. must be the catchy title and captivating subject.

personally... i think think we should start a new subject. i'm not sure if the mods would buy it though because it's so cathcy and captivating. see, i think i'm the best fisher in the world. i attribute it to my baiting skills. so i say, let's mass debate to see who's the ultimate master baiter.

i consider myself a regular mass debater at phatmass, so i'm game. i'll argue about how great my master baiting techniques are.[/quote]
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=36433&hl="]Been there, done that[/url]

There is indeed nothing new under the sun.

dairygirl4u2c

ha. i forgot about that thread. i like the addition i gave to hot stuff's thread. i remember making those my screennames a long long time ago in random chat rooms just for kicks.

[quote]I'm not so sure we've determined how to be a master baiter. There are too many techniques. I think what we should do is get this large amount people who each claim to be the master baiter together and figure it out. We can have a mass debate showdown to determine who the master baiter truly is. Each person can explain their idea of truly optimal master baiter techniques. This is the debate board after all. Might as well make it the mass debate board.. and what a topic to mass debate about, who the master baiters truly are.[/quote]

KnightofChrist

I would add sexual gratification is condemned by God, and the Bible in all cases outside marriage, personal sexual gratification is still sexual gratification. Just because you lack company doesnt make sin ok.

Even in marriage there are strict rules. So this idea that personal sexual gratification is not a sin lacks biblical knowledge, personal sexual gratification is personal fornication.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Considering masturbation really is the least of our worries, I think this debate has been fun.

Lets all agree to disagree. I might be wrong, but the Lord will reveal that to me through the holy ghost, and his word. I might not be rightly dividing the word, but God is faithful.

Lets talk about something else.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1224243' date='Mar 31 2007, 04:24 PM']Wow, the Catholic Bible is a whole lot more harsh than the KJV and the JPS.

No wonder there is a huge debate about this.

No, I don't believe Masturbation is sinful. What else are you going to do if you're not married?

Those who make themselves feel guilty for doing this will eventually turn nuts if they don't do it.

Not to gross people out, but when I'm in the shower. . .[/quote]
Take a[b] [color="#0000FF"]COLD[/color][/b] shower, you will get over it.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1224487' date='Mar 31 2007, 09:33 PM']Take a[b] [color="#0000FF"]COLD[/color][/b] shower, you will get over it.[/quote]
:lol_roll:

That made me laugh.

Thanks Cmom.