An Old School Catholic Message Board

White House and Vatican On Al-Qaida Hit-List

Fidei Defensor

Fidei Defensor
:sadder:
May 1, 2005 8:39 a.m. EST
[url="http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/2229902308"]http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/2229902308[/url]

\NILADRI SEKHAR NATH, All Headline News Staff Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AHN) – Key al-Qaida figure in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, is planning to attack the White House and the Vatican, according to an audio-tape posted on the Internet on Saturday.

This is the first time an al-Qaida leader has explicitly talked of attacking the headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church.

Earlier on Friday, in a similar audiotape, Zarqawi himself warned more attacks against US forces in Iraq.

He also urged followers to be cautious of any US attempt at initiate dialogue. According to reports, Zarqawi also launched verbal assault at Shia Muslims by calling them “rotten.”

The Shia Muslims are considered unorthodox by the Sunni al-Qaida. He didn’t spare Iraqi Sunni Muslim clerics for failing to support the insurgency.

The voice on the tape has been established as that of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's.

“After conducting a technical analysis, we assess with high confidence that the voice is that of Abu Musab al- Zarqawi,” An anonymous US intelligence official told the news agency.

Zarqawi’s recorded voice on the tape directly addressed US president George W. Bush.” You, Bush, we will not rest until we avenge our dignity,” the voice said. “We will not rest while your army is here as long as there is a pulse in our vein.”

Don John of Austria

Okay, I kind of hope they do something, then maybe I won't have to here all this carp about Islam being a religion " of peace" when it is so obviously one of oppression and blood shed. A good old knock down drag out would be good for the Church, It they really want a rumble, I know myself and many others will be there with the Ancient battle cry on our lips " God Wills It "

uh oh, maybe we miscounted and Benedict is Peter the Roman! everyone start stretching that out to fit now! peter means rock, rocks are tough, ratzinger was always tough on heresy!

but seriously, I wish there wasn't so much pacifism in the Church right now, because then maybe the pope would call for a crusade to defend the Church or something. well, if they do attack the Vatican and/or the white house their fate is even more sealed than before. you wanna tick off the west and wake up a sleeping Catholic Europe (you better believe they'll remember they used to be Catholic if the Vatican gets attacked) you attack the Vatican.

anyway, hopefully it's all just idle fear-spreading. down with al quaida.

Don John of Austria

Well don't we want Europe to remember they where Catholic, perhaps God is working through Al Quaida, We should always remember when saying such prays theat it is HIs will not ours that should be done.

Ash Wednesday

When I first read this news yesterday it made my blood boil. [img]http://www.spacespider.net/emo/bounce002.gif[/img]

Don John of Austria

Ah you people worry to much, as long as they don' kill Papa it will just strengthen the Church and probably bring much of the world down upon them, if they kill his Holiness, well, the conceqinces of that shouldn't be discussed on the internet but even that would likely strengthen the Church, and it would definently bring the West down on them hard.

Dreamweaver

The gates of hell shall never prevail. I don't think it would be in Al Qaida's best interests to attack the Vatican and have 1.1 billion angry Catholics wanting to hunt them down...for questioning and detainment.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='gonzaga' date='May 3 2005, 02:22 AM'] Would you take up arms to protect the church? [/quote]
Is the Pope Catholic?

I would answer the call from my bishop, the Pope, or just if it was really obvious it had to be done. I ment what I said, I would be shouting the ancient battle cry " God wills it"

Ash Wednesday

You take right, I'll take left.

[img]http://www.spacespider.net/emo/whacky006.gif[/img]