An Old School Catholic Message Board

White House and Vatican On Al-Qaida Hit-List

Fidei Defensor

They're pissed off cause a religion other than their own is getting so much attention these days. It seems that the only way the scumbag terrorists can bring attention to their faith is by hijacking airliners and slamming them into skyscrapers.

morons.

RandomProddy

[quote name='gonzaga' date='May 3 2005, 09:22 AM'] Would you take up arms to protect the church? [/quote]
The early Christians who were thrown to the lions didn't.

You have to admit, it's a little strange to talk of raising arms to defend a faith started by martyrs.

[quote]The early Christians who were thrown to the lions didn't.

You have to admit, it's a little strange to talk of raising arms to defend a faith started by martyrs. [/quote]

You're so naughty RandomProddy.....you're gonna be thrown to the lions here matey! :lol:

RandomProddy

[quote name='Ellenita' date='May 3 2005, 11:26 PM'] You're so naughty RandomProddy.....you're gonna be thrown to the lions here matey! :lol: [/quote]
I'm being sent home to my sisters? Oh No!!!1one ;)

philothea

[quote name='RandomProddy' date='May 3 2005, 04:21 PM'] The early Christians who were thrown to the lions didn't.

You have to admit, it's a little strange to talk of raising arms to defend a faith started by martyrs. [/quote]
Yeah... my thoughts too.

But I am a wacky pacifist. :ph34r:

Scofizzle

[quote name='gonzaga' date='May 3 2005, 02:22 AM'] Would you take up arms to protect the church? [/quote]
If it was God's will and I was ordered to do so by my holy father and/or Bishop..it would be on.....

Dealing with the US armed forces is one thing...they DO NOT want to have to deal with the Swiss Guard......let alone an army of orthodox Catholics united to avenge an attack on Rome....

Don John of Austria

[quote name='philothea' date='May 3 2005, 04:43 PM'] Yeah... my thoughts too.

But I am a wacky pacifist.  :ph34r: [/quote]
Christianity is not a pacifist religion, it never has been. Christ never told anyone to stop beinga soldier, he told the Centurion that he was rightous man and healed his daughter. Likewise he siad he came not to bring peace but a sword and instructed his followers to sell there cloakes and buy swords. Doesn't sound very pacifist to me.

Edited by Don John of Austria

Ya know! The church wouldnt be here today and we'd be all be worshipping with the muslims if it werent for the crusades and the sword.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='MC Just' date='May 4 2005, 05:37 PM'] Don John Rocks. [/quote]
Thank you

philothea

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='May 4 2005, 05:02 PM'] Christianity is not a pacifist religion, it never has been. Christ never told anyone to stop beinga soldier, he told the Centurion that he was rightous man and healed his daughter. Likewise he siad he came not to bring peace but a sword and instructed his followers to sell there cloakes and buy swords. Doesn't sound very pacifist to me. [/quote]
I know, and I didn't say otherwise. I was only speaking for myself.