An Old School Catholic Message Board

Together Encounter Christ...

Catholictothecore

Catholictothecore

anyone here done one? I've just got off one, and am interested in hearing about any others TEC experiences that their willing to share.

littleflower+JMJ

i've been to a TEC retreat and later on staffed many retreats after for a couple of years...

what age group of retreat was the one you attended?

jesus=my_homeboy

I'm super involved in Teens Encounter Christ, which we call TEC. It's a retreat that can be found in dioceses all over the world for juniors in high school and older. Are they related?

Guest littleflowersdg

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='May 2 2005, 05:37 PM'] anyone here done one? I've just got off one, and am interested in hearing about any others TEC experiences that their willing to share. [/quote]
I did love my TEC.. but it was Teens Encounter.. not together (or also To Encounter.. for the OPEC table) - are you talking about the same retreat?

i went on one. It was pretty good. I liked SEARCH better prolly because i went on search first and have huge experiences with it.

Thy Geekdom Come

I've attended and worked as crew on Koinonia, which is the college version.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='jezic' date='May 2 2005, 09:45 PM'] there is a college version?

wow God is good. :) [/quote]
Yep :)

It's pretty much the same format, or so I'm told, although the talks are probably more advanced.

Catholictothecore

Ok, lots of questions and comments.

Spirit Valley TEC calls itself "together encounter christ," as do many others that aren't just for youth. A few years ago we had a first time retreatant that was well into her sixties. A good number still call it "teens."

Umm, Flowery, it is 12th grade-through college age.

Futuresoror, anyone here would agree with me; you will not regret going on a TEC. To me, so much of it is beyond words, but it really is an awesome way to encounter Christ. Trust us, it's well worth the money.

jesus=my_homeboy

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='May 2 2005, 07:37 PM'] Someone is trying to get me to go to one of those^^ [/quote]
I would definitely encourage you and anyone else to go! It is sooooo awesome! It completely changed my faith life. I'm a cradle Catholic and before going on TEC, I believed in God, but that was the extent of it. After TEC, I actually have a relationship with Jesus and find sooooo much joy in it! It's amazing. Just let go and let God. He can do amazing things with you!

MichaelFilo

I am sorry to say this, but your name makes me want to hit myself. Preferabbly until I stop crying for the reduction of Jesus to a "homeboy" or until I can't see anything anymore.

God bless,
Mikey

Catholictothecore

It's cool with me...no more disrespectful than saying Jesus is my best friend. It's kinda cool. It's just a different way of talking about the awesome love we can have with Christ.

MichaelFilo

If you are calling God your best friend, then maybe there is something that isn't totally correct here. For one He is God. He is Perfect. He is not your best friend. He is your greatest Friend, but not your best friend, at least not in the context of homeboy. That view of Christ is very Protestant and consequently, very wrong.

God bless,
Mikey