Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why do people do this?


Recommended Posts

Mickey's_Girl
Posted

Of course I can't give the best explanation, since I don't know the parties involved, but I know there have been times when I withdrew from people because I had tried to work something out and they just weren't accepting of where I was coming from, or they were unable to see it my way, and I couldn't take any more drama.

Also, sometimes, people have decided that they want more from our friendship than I can give, so I try to put on the brakes gradually, rather than have to up-front say "I don't want to be as close of friends as you do, so leave me alone." I eventually had to do this with one friend because that friend refused to see the point. It was not pretty.

That said, I've also been the one totally cut off with no explanation. It can be one of the most painful experiences ever. I've forgiven that person long ago, but it still hurts when I think of it, and it's been years.

All you can do is accept the terms the person seems to want, and pray for reconciliation. I'm praying for you, and for your friend.

MG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...