An Old School Catholic Message Board

Getting confirmed today at 5:30pm EST

Paladin D

Getting confirmed today at 5:30pm EST (along with my older brother), wish us luck. I've been waiting two years for this moment.

Edited by Paladin D

lifeteenchick527

Good Luck and Congrats! its the most amazing feeling that ive had in a long time!!

God Bless
LTC :hearts:

It went very well! After Mass, my family, and our sponsors (along with their wives) went to a nice restaurant in Roanoke Rapids, NC (David's). There isn't much to talk about, just that we all really enjoyed ourselves. I received not only the seal of the Holy Spirit, I also received $70 dollars total, a nice black-stone (?) rosary (from my sponsor), my Episode III soundtrack was my confirmation present from my parents (plus a fancy pen and bookmarker), and a large cake with my own name on it. :lol:

My sponsor kept asking Father when the slugging happens, and Fr. Joe replied that they wouldn't be doing that. Though my sponsor insisted then that he would do it himself [b]after[/b] Confirmation.

This picture pretty much explains the whole mood: [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/PaladinD/100_3306.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/PaladinD/100_3306.jpg[/url]

From left to right: Me [i](Dallas)[/i], Joe [i](my sponsor)[/i], Justin [i](my older brother)[/i], and Bernie [i](his sponsor)[/i].

I didn't look good that day. :unsure: Funny thing is, I don't feel that much different.

That's alright. Neither did I.

But wait, man. Just wait. :)

And even if you never feel a difference, the Holy Spirit IS working in you!