An Old School Catholic Message Board

Getting confirmed today at 5:30pm EST

Paladin D

Catholictothecore

You didn't look weird, he seems pretty intent to inflict physical pain on you.

I didn't feel different either. But, GOD IS GOOD! Hey, today is Pentecost! I know you were confirmed yesterday, but still, it can be pretty dang close and still count!

Slugging?? Some Catholic tradition I'm not aware of, I guess. :)

Thanks for sharing! The picture is cute. What name did you choose?

1337 k4th0l1x0r

[quote name='Paladin D' date='May 15 2005, 01:16 PM'] It went very well! After Mass, my family, and our sponsors (along with their wives) went to a nice restaurant in Roanoke Rapids, NC (David's). There isn't much to talk about, just that we all really enjoyed ourselves. I received not only the seal of the Holy Spirit, I also received $70 dollars total, a nice black-stone (?) rosary (from my sponsor), my Episode III soundtrack was my confirmation present from my parents (plus a fancy pen and bookmarker), and a large cake with my own name on it. :lol:

My sponsor kept asking Father when the slugging happens, and Fr. Joe replied that they wouldn't be doing that. Though my sponsor insisted then that he would do it himself [b]after[/b] Confirmation.

This picture pretty much explains the whole mood: [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/PaladinD/100_3306.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/PaladinD/100_3306.jpg[/url]

From left to right: Me [i](Dallas)[/i], Joe [i](my sponsor)[/i], Justin [i](my older brother)[/i], and Bernie [i](his sponsor)[/i].

I didn't look good that day. :unsure: Funny thing is, I don't feel that much different. [/quote]
You've got a little something on your forehead in that picture.

Mickey's_Girl

[quote name='Paladin D' date='May 15 2005, 01:16 PM'] Funny thing is, I don't feel that much different. [/quote]
Don't worry about that. I did feel different, but I'm finding that it's the days and weeks after Confirmation that are showing the graces in my life. (Of course, I got a big load of grace at once: not only confirmation but the Eucharist.)

In any case, I find that my heart is becoming more "converted" every day. This is quite astonishing to me, especially as I have loved Jesus and tried to live for him my entire life BEFORE I became Catholic. The whole experience has become very precious to me.

Be sure to take at least a little time every day to be silent before God, so you can a) focus on him, and b) hear his voice. The world is so busy and noisy, and it clamors for total attention. But the Holy Spirit is right there waiting for us. :wub:

CONGRATULATIONS! I am praying for you and your brother today (Monday).

MG

[quote name='philothea' date='May 16 2005, 12:17 AM'] Slugging?? Some Catholic tradition I'm not aware of, I guess. :)

Thanks for sharing! The picture is cute. What name did you choose? [/quote]
[b]St. Anthony of Padua[/b]