jmjtina Posted May 17, 2005 Posted May 17, 2005 blessed be God!!!!! That is so great to hear Jake!!!! How's Erika doing? This is sooooooooooooo exciting!!!!! A new phatmass baby. :cheer: Prayers for ya'll!!!!
Tony Posted May 17, 2005 Posted May 17, 2005 new life is so awesome.. Congrats and prayers for all 3 of you
IcePrincessKRS Posted May 17, 2005 Posted May 17, 2005 [quote name='Mateo el Feo' date='May 16 2005, 02:28 PM'] Jake, What great news! Baby girls are a special blessing from God. [/quote] Exactly what I was going to say (of course, having 2 girls I am TOTALLY biased hehe). Congrats to you and Erika, Jake!!! Little Genesis is going to be the apple of your eye. I can just see you now with a little pink bundle gazing down into her eyes... It warms the cockles of my heart.
sweetpea316 Posted May 18, 2005 Posted May 18, 2005 Oooh congrats!!! This is so exciting! And I absolutely love the name... :wub: God bless you and your wonderful family!
Jake Huether Posted May 18, 2005 Author Posted May 18, 2005 Thank you all so much! I'm so excited. I can't wait. Only 4 more months! Erika's doing great. Thank God. No sickness or anything. Praise the Lord. But now there's so much to get done to prepare! We need to totally babyproof and decorate, etc. etc. her room... Wow. I know there's time, but its so exciting and overwhelming. I just can't wait. I'll keep you posted as things unfold. I'm planning on skanning in the pictures of her this weekend. My work has a bulleten bord where you can put pics of your babies... I'm going to have the admin post the ultrasound pic. It's a good pro-life plug. God bless.
ironmonk Posted May 18, 2005 Posted May 18, 2005 [quote name='Jake Huether' date='May 16 2005, 11:22 AM'] Ready!.... GIRL! :wub: The Ultrasound on Friday was Incredible! The tech said that we were lucky because rarely do the images come out so clear. Man she was moving around and very active. Sucked her finger... Scratched her head.... Ahh! I can't wait to hold her now! Please say prayers for Genesis Giuliana. As soon as I can scan the ultrasound Photos I'll post them. May be a while. God bless. [/quote] Bro... It is the greatest joy that God allows us. You will learn a whole new level of love. Even when I see the most evil men, I can't help but to think that they were like my Olivia at one time... It gave me a whole new understanding of love and to have love for others. God Bless & Congrats!!!! ironmonk
IcePrincessKRS Posted May 18, 2005 Posted May 18, 2005 [quote name='Jake Huether' date='May 18 2005, 12:10 PM'] Erika's doing great. Thank God. No sickness or anything. Praise the Lord. [/quote] She is SO lucky! I am sure she must be so thankful for that (and you, too, I am sure dealing with a moody, hormonal, sick pregnant lady isn't any picnic for the husband either lol ....just ask Matt, he knows ). As for baby-proofing, you don't need to worry about that too much until Genesis starts creeping and crawling, so worry about the necessities first (cleaning, decorating, etc.), and then gradually baby-proof. You'll discover what really needs to be baby-proofed then anyway (and what you thought needed it but didn't).
Jake Huether Posted May 23, 2005 Author Posted May 23, 2005 (edited) [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/Jake88/Baby1.jpg[/img] Here she is sucking her thumb! [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/Jake88/Baby2.jpg[/img] Edited May 23, 2005 by Jake Huether
marielapin Posted May 23, 2005 Posted May 23, 2005 Congrats, Jake! Don't worry about babyproofing right now, wait till the little one is five or six months old. Concentrate on getting your house ready and getting all the baby stuff. I found a lot of good, cheap things at garage sales, but you just have to do a little research to make sure there aren't any safety updates, etc. I would also take all your free time to start reading some good childbirth and parenting books, I would recommend Popcak's "Parenting with Grace, Catholic Parent's Guide to Raising almost Perfect Kids" very highly. It is written by orthodox catholics and promotes parenting and discipline that is in line with catholic theology. They also draw very heavily from writing from John Paul II. I can also recommend other books if you are interested. I am so happy for you two! I am also glad that Erica is doing well. I really enjoyed my pregnancy too, and it was a very joyful time for the both of us.
+joyfulnoise+ Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 +M how precious!!! oh, she is sooo beautiful! Praise God for life! Praise God for your faith that you will pass on to your daughter! I will be praying for a safe delivery and your new family! hey the mom's name is my name!!! craziness!!! *extra prayers* hmm, i've seen ppl post both ways...how do you spell it? lol +LoVeInChRiSt ErikaTherese+ oh and Genesis is an awesome name! :wub:
Brother Adam Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 That's so exciting. You are going to have a beautiful young child. Please keep us updated
homeschoolmom Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 I love babies... all of my friends are having babies... Cept my one friend who can't have anymore babies. She got a Great Dane instead...
Jake Huether Posted May 25, 2005 Author Posted May 25, 2005 Thank you all for your kind words. My wife is Erika. just like you. Very nice name if I may say so myself.
Azriel Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 [quote name='marielapin' date='May 23 2005, 03:00 PM'] Congrats, Jake! Don't worry about babyproofing right now, wait till the little one is five or six months old. Concentrate on getting your house ready and getting all the baby stuff. I found a lot of good, cheap things at garage sales, but you just have to do a little research to make sure there aren't any safety updates, etc. I would also take all your free time to start reading some good childbirth and parenting books, I would recommend Popcak's "Parenting with Grace, Catholic Parent's Guide to Raising almost Perfect Kids" very highly. It is written by orthodox catholics and promotes parenting and discipline that is in line with catholic theology. They also draw very heavily from writing from John Paul II. I can also recommend other books if you are interested. I am so happy for you two! I am also glad that Erica is doing well. I really enjoyed my pregnancy too, and it was a very joyful time for the both of us. [/quote] I've got books I could recommend as well. But always remember, babies don't come with instruction manuals, and they are tough little critters. Perfect for new parents. :wub:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now