An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liturgy of The Hours

D0RK4JP2

Do you pray the Liturgy of the Hours?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Totus Tuus

Yes I pray it quite frequently. Being out of town and without my breviary for the last two weeks, I am just now getting back into the habit.

I want to start praying it . I am not quite sure how to do it. my mommy has this book called the divine office for dummys to teahc you how to do so I might read that. I knwo I will learn how to use it when I go visit the Monastery for 3 months

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='karin' date='Jun 3 2005, 07:51 AM'] I want to start praying it . I am not quite sure how to do it. my mommy has this book called the divine office for dummys to teahc you how to do so I might read that. I knwo I will learn how to use it when I go visit the Monastery for 3 months [/quote]
That sounds like a helpful book! I'm sure it will help lots! I'd like to know if its helpful if you ever get a chance to read any of it!

• 2 weeks later...

My little brother was playing with my briviary this morning and pulled out the bookmarks. Would someone mind telling me what week we're in, as I hadn't been paying attention? Thanks.

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Jun 3 2005, 12:48 PM']That sounds like a helpful book!  I'm sure it will help lots!  I'd like to know if its helpful if you ever get a chance to read any of it!
[right][snapback]606492[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
For future reference...if you will go to the proper of seasons and look at the week it is (eg: 13th week of Ordinary Time) it will say what week it is in in the Psalter underneath the week.

[quote name='MilesChristi' date='Jun 12 2005, 04:30 PM']Week III
[right][snapback]609868[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Thx.

Theologian in Training

I'm now bound by Canon Law. You guys think it is hard to fit it in during your day to day life, couple it with demands on your time almost constantly. I know of priests that, even though technically should not do this, wind up praying Morning Prayer at 2:00 in the afternoon. Usually, they get a call early in the morning with a sick or dying person and never have a chance to actually pray it, given the family and the ministering. Typically they also find that they have not even eaten since the night before.

No complaints, just kind of showing the practical side of difficulties for even those that are bound to pray it.

God Bless

Keharitomeni Theotokos

[url="http://www.liturgyhours.org/"]http://www.liturgyhours.org/[/url]

Check this link out!

I have a pocket pc and can download all the hours of each day onto it. Its high tech prayer. Its so cool!
The 3 volume set is around $150 but on this site you can pray for free!
:D

it is terribly confusing at first, but after a while you'll wonder what the difficulty was. its an awesome prayer, and its really cool to know you are praying in union with the Church throughout the world.

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='May 21 2005, 10:46 AM']I use the Shorter Christian Prayer.
[right][snapback]595907[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
This is what I use right now, but I plan on moving to the "big book" once i can prove to myself i will do the smaller one

ThyWillBeDone

I am a seminarian so I have the LOTH, the four volume edition. I love it, my favorite office (The Office of Readings) is only complete in the four volume edition so if you have the money it worth picking up. As other seminarians can probably testify the LOTH is a major part or your life as a seminarian. My fellow seminarians at the seminary I go to often joking refer it as "my girlfriend" since we spend so much time with it.

Totus Tuus

[quote name='ThyWillBeDone' date='Jun 28 2005, 10:24 AM']I am a seminarian so I have the LOTH, the four volume edition. I love it, my favorite office (The Office of Readings) is only complete in the four volume edition so if you have the money it worth picking up. As other seminarians can probably testify the LOTH is a major part or your life as a seminarian. My fellow seminarians at the seminary I go to often joking refer it as "my girlfriend" since we spend so much time with it.
[right][snapback]626179[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It's also complete in the three-volume.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I'm wondering if I am going to have to buy my own 4 volume set for the Monastery... or if will there be an older one from a Sister that had gone to Heaven...