An Old School Catholic Message Board

What kind of a person do you think YOU'LL marry?

Josh Kroeger

tum needs a
*HUG*..............*HUG*
*HUG*..............*HUG*
*HUG*..............*HUG*
*HUG*..*HUG*..*HUG*
*HUG*..*HUG*..*HUG*
*HUG*..............*HUG*
*HUG*..............*HUG*
*HUG*..............*HUG*

*HUG*.............*HUG*
*HUG*.............*HUG*
*HUG*.............*HUG*
.*HUG*..........*HUG*.
..*HUG*........*HUG*..
...*HUG*......*HUG*...
....*HUG*....*HUG*....
............*HUG*...........

................*HUG*
..........*HUG*..*HUG*
.......*HUG*.......*HUG*
...*HUG*.................*HUG*
...*HUG*..................*HUG*
...*HUG*
...*HUG*.............*HUG*.*HUG*
...*HUG*....................*HUG*
.....*HUG*.................*HUG*
........*HUG*............*HUG*
..........*HUG*.......*HUG*
........... *HUG*..*HUG*
...................*HUG

I am a

*squirrel*
*squirrel*
*squirrel*
*squirrel*
*squirrel*
*squirrel*
*squirrel*
*squirrel*
*squirrel*
*squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel**squirrel*
*squirrel*

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' date='Oct 12 2005, 10:01 PM']I think Tum is now :apu:
[right][snapback]756487[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:mario: <------------ardillacid ---------------> :apu:

• 5 years later...
IgnatiusofLoyola

Other than the absolute requirements that any man I marry be male and heterosexual, I messed up so badly in choosing my first husband that I no longer trust my own judgment, and God would have to make it very obvious to me, both that he wants me to get married, and second, to this specific man.

In any case, based on demographics, I think I am probably more likely to get hit by lightning than get married, so if I do, it will be a true miracle from God. Over time, I think that God has been trying to at least prepare me for the strong possibility that I will never remarry, and I now tend to make decisions assuming I will be unmarried the rest of my life. Based on my family history, it's not unlikely that "the rest of my life" could be a LONG time. (I have numerous chronic diseases, but, for the most part, they are not ones that normally bring on early death, particularly if you try to keep them under control as well as possible, as I do.)

However, statistics, and my "reason" (and lots of prayer) can't entirely keep my heart from hoping. Most of the time it's no big deal, but I go through times when it hurts a lot. I have learned to avoid, if possible, circumstances that are likely to bring on sadness, but I can't avoid them all the time.

I'm as sure as I can be that my vocation was, and is, marriage. But, I'm not sure I fully understand the concept of "vocation." And, of course, there are various opinions out there on the nature of "vocation." So, I don't know whether it's that vocations can change over the course of our lives, or if God gives us the grace to get through (sometimes very long) periods when God is calling us, against our basic "nature," to do something else, for our own good, or so we can accomplish some good in the world that we might not be able to accomplish if we were married.

dominicansoul

if i do get married, it will be to a chubby, hairy mexican dude, who shaves and 15 minutes later has a shadow...

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1291586462' post='2191104']
if i do get married, it will be to a chubby, hairy mexican dude, who shaves and 15 minutes later has a shadow...
[/quote]

As I'm sure you know already, physical attraction has nothing to do with whether a person is "beautiful" in the eyes of the world. And, the older you get, the less physical looks matter. At that matters is that you find the person sexualy attractive--even if everyone else thinks he's ugly.

If he loves you, and treats you well, and you can talk to him about ANYTHING, and he brings out the best in you, you could do much worse than a chubby, hairy Mexican dude (especially if either he is good cook or one of his sisters is a good cook). Many times I have come across younger people who place too far much importance on physical looks. Marriage is for the long haul, and in the long haul, we're all going to get older.

missionseeker

So far I've only dated non-americans. The Cuban was a lot of fun. LOL. I'd marry a hispanic guy for sure. lol.

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1291587257' post='2191106']
And, the older you get, the less physical looks matter. (All) that matters is that you find the person sexualy attractive...
[/quote]
Wait--what?