An Old School Catholic Message Board

What kind of a person do you think YOU'LL marry?

Josh Kroeger

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1291586462' post='2191104']
if i do get married, it will be to a chubby, hairy mexican dude, who shaves and 15 minutes later has a shadow...
[/quote]
they need love, too.

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1291587257' post='2191106']
As I'm sure you know already, physical attraction has nothing to do with whether a person is "beautiful" in the eyes of the world. And, the older you get, the less physical looks matter. At that matters is that you find the person sexualy attractive--even if everyone else thinks he's ugly.

If he loves you, and treats you well, and you can talk to him about ANYTHING, and he brings out the best in you, you could do much worse than a chubby, hairy Mexican dude (especially if either he is good cook or one of his sisters is a good cook). Many times I have come across younger people who place too far much importance on physical looks. Marriage is for the long haul, and in the long haul, we're all going to get older.
[/quote]personally, i am going to marry someone that i am attracted to physically. it doesn't make me shallow...it just makes me human. also, i think that most other people do as well. physical looks matter...unless you're in it for other reasons. yes, we need security and all of the other good stuff... :blink:

but, honestly, what [i]first[/i] caught my eye about my fiance? the way he looked. :| time brought everything else along.

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1291588889' post='2191108']
So far I've only dated non-americans. The Cuban was a lot of fun. LOL. I'd marry a hispanic guy for sure. lol.
[/quote]
get it girl. :like:

Edited by rachael

LaPetiteSoeur

Well currently (This is all following God's will, bien sur), I will be marrying Christ.

Yay Future :nun2:!!!

• 6 months later...
missionseeker

[quote name='rachael' timestamp='1291591710' post='2191119']

get it girl. :like:
[/quote]

I still stand by that statement. :|

OnlySunshine

I'm hoping that if I am indeed called to marriage that I'll marry a wonderful Catholic man who is devoted to Christ. I would love to have a Holy Hour in Adoration all the time with my spouse and just have our lives revolve around our family and the Eucharist. I hope to be married to someone who wants a big family as I have dreamed about having 6 kids--I even have their names picked out. :hehe: Someone who likes Golden Retrievers and Labradors as much as I do because we are definitely going to have pets. :)

I'm hoping one day I'll marry a nice Catholic woman who I can love and be loved by, that will happily raise our kids with me in the Church. Someone I can share a deep emotional bond with, and also be able to share a deep spiritual bond with, because God should always be at the center of our relationship.

It's been a long time since I had a checklist. But hey, what the heck, right?

Male.
Heterosexual.
Loves Jesus more than me.

If I find those three, I'll consider everything else a bonus. I'm beginning to wonder if singlehood is for me. It doesn't scare me as much as it did.

But, I digress.

Cute! Or at least cute enough to facilitate some kind of chemistry. rofl.
Well-mannered.
Social and extremely conversational.
Family oriented. (Both our family unit and his own.)
Good sense of self -- who he is as a man, who he wants to be, and what his goals are.
Driven and focused.
Knows how to lead and at the same time, when to shut up.
Someone who is willing to spiritually challenge me, and grow with me.

One can hope. :amen: :saint:

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1308803567' post='2257570']
Family oriented. (Both our family unit and his own.)
[/quote]
Only because I'm curious...would you be okay with a guy coming from a broken family?

AudreyGrace

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1308942331' post='2258166']
it's good at least someone does....
[/quote]

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc8bw4hkoK1qe1xph.jpg[/img]

MissScripture

Pretty sure that this is the kind of person I will be married to for a long time: http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=6496 :proud:

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1309218100' post='2259259']
Pretty sure that this is the kind of person I will be married to for a long time: http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=6496 :proud:
[/quote]

:like: