Cam42 Posted May 24, 2005 Posted May 24, 2005 Well everyone.....it seems as though C.S. Lewis is hitting the big screen.... Can anyone say "Harry Potter-esque?" Just a thought......
Bfulk Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 (edited) Harry Potter movies were decent at best, but you can't go wrong with C.S. Lewis. Besides the preview gave me chills up and down my spine all the way through. I think it looks sweet but I guess we won't know until we get the finished product. :swords: <---- Sweet battle scenes Edited May 25, 2005 by Bfulk
the jessican Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 ...........well..........hm.........at least it should be better than the other version I saw several years ago. which had a stiff puppet Aslan, among other flaws that even a generally indiscriminating 12 year old would notice.
HomeTeamFamily Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 they should have made screwtape letters a movie.......
Aloysius Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 screwtape letters-- good book bad movie material. I can't wait for the Chronicles.. why can't they just be done now? argh.
Don John of Austria Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 I don't know. I am sure the special effects will be good, but I just hope they don't butcher the story.
Aloysius Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 Lewis's grandson is involved and is makin sure it's true to the story.
Guest Eremite Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 "The Great Divorce" would probably make a pretty good movie.
Aloysius Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 well.. I suppose you could write a whole plot and such... I was just picturing the little demons reading/writing their letters. I still think it wouldn't be a good movie idea.. but maybe that's just me?
Socrates Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 [quote name='VoloHumilisEsse' date='May 24 2005, 11:21 PM'] how would screwtape be bad movie material?! [/quote] Because it's in the form of correspondence by letters, rather than a straight narrative. Without the words of the letters, its meaning would be lost. Nothing wrong with Screwtape Letters - It's just that its literary format doesn't translate to the screen.
HomeTeamFamily Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 it wouldnt necessairly be a literal translation of the book perse but rather a depiction of what the diff letters are conveying....for example you have a guy who is the subject of the corruption by screwtape and its like a bunch of different little scenes that would depict the different letters.....i dunno just seems like it would be a neat movie to me
sweetpea316 Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 I can't wait to see it!! After seeing the trailer, I HAD to go re-read the Narnia books again... C.S. Lewis is amazing...
Socrates Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 [quote name='VoloHumilisEsse' date='May 25 2005, 02:58 PM'] it wouldnt necessairly be a literal translation of the book perse but rather a depiction of what the diff letters are conveying....for example you have a guy who is the subject of the corruption by screwtape and its like a bunch of different little scenes that would depict the different letters.....i dunno just seems like it would be a neat movie to me [/quote] This would require almost constant voice-over narration by Screwtape to convey the books meaning to the audience (which would get annoying). Without this, the meaning of the book would be largely lost on the movie audience. The problem is that the interest of the book comes from the devil's insights into the (largely unseen) inner psychology of the character, not from the physical events in the story themselves which could be shown on the screen.
FutureSoror Posted May 25, 2005 Posted May 25, 2005 I put bummed because there wasn't really something to describe me... I haven't seen the trailer (but I've heard it's awsome). I'm sure they'll do a pretty cool job and C.S. Lewis will be popularized, but...... I don't want them to ruin Aslan!!!!!! They are going to portray people in certain ways and I'm aftraid it will ruin the way I imagined it in my head. :ph34r:
jmjtina Posted May 26, 2005 Posted May 26, 2005 (edited) they already put the green light for the following 2 books after the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!!!! [b][u][url="http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/exclusives/chronicles_of_narnia_movie"]View TRAILER here[/url][/u][/b] Edited May 26, 2005 by jmjtina
sweetpea316 Posted May 27, 2005 Posted May 27, 2005 [quote name='jmjtina' date='May 26 2005, 12:04 AM'] they already put the green light for the following 2 books after the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!!!! [b][u][url="http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/exclusives/chronicles_of_narnia_movie"]View TRAILER here[/url][/u][/b] [/quote] YES!!! That makes me happy.
FutureSoror Posted May 27, 2005 Posted May 27, 2005 OK, that trailer is just too awesome. It almost brought tears to my eyes. It looks stunning. I still think Aslan could be a little better, but the movie looks spectacular anyway.
sweetpea316 Posted May 27, 2005 Posted May 27, 2005 Indeed!! When Aslan roars...wow...I got chills. I agree though, I just hope that they don't change too much or anything. Can't wait to see it!!!
Catholictothecore Posted May 27, 2005 Posted May 27, 2005 I was *THIS CLOSE* to playing Peter in a stage production once! Cant' wait to see it!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now